To pee or not to pee

7 minutes ago, PregoRoll said:

Same here, But I found, drinking, partying and girls way more fun then riding my bike at the time😂 

Ah, to be young and foolhardy again... :lol:
Actually I like my "boring" party-free-wife-kids-and-picket-fences life right now and I like being a decently competitive veteran on top of it...

"For everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose." Or something like that.

PS - Sorry for derailing the Pee Thread.

Edited by bleedToWin

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sipping a little bit vs a larger quantity less often doesn’t make much difference; but it is a good practice to ensure you are getting sufficient in.

Then, those that say they don’t need to drink a lot. Is this when riding or racing? If racing, how do get your carbs in, if one bottle is just water?

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Sipping a little bit vs a larger quantity less often doesn’t make much difference; but it is a good practice to ensure you are getting sufficient in.

Then, those that say they don’t need to drink a lot. Is this when riding or racing? If racing, how do get your carbs in, if one bottle is just water?

They don't.

They think that trying to ingest 250g of carbs during a ~100km race is big-carb trying to brainwash the consumers, and they think they are knackered for 36 hours after racing because they raced so hard, not because they depleted their reserves, and they think that they struggle on longer races solely because they didn't prepare well enough and not at all because one farbar an hour is about 3 farbars short of fueling their efforts...

Edited by bleedToWin

OK, so now I have another good excuse for why I never made it to the TdF, or the front of the CTCT, for that matter ............. it is because I cannot go on the go! (It's got nothing to do with genetic shortcomings or laziness ek se!)🤪

5 hours ago, Jehosefat said:

Had a friend who tried that in a race a few years back. He reckoned he got about 30% of his pee in his shoe. Kinda put me off ever trying it (especially seeing as it's not like I'm going to win the race anyway)

it takes practice, gravel corrugations on a slight downhill are best for training 

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

I don't like the taste of most drinks . So in a race I would double the dope bottle and then drink water only  inbetween. On rides one spoon. But then I'm not a racing snake.

33 minutes ago, Blokman said:

I don't like the taste of most drinks . So in a race I would double the dope bottle and then drink water only  inbetween. On rides one spoon. But then I'm not a racing snake.

I’m not a fan of most mixes on the market either; too sweet. However they are essential for aiding fueling on a long ride and also racing; trying to digest solid food is not optimal. The smaller the food hitting the gut, the easier it is to digest but that requires chewing; which is difficult when breathing changes from nose to mouth.

I’ve seen Mark Wolfe from 32GI talking about double dosing using RacePro for one bottle of carbs/protein and the other electrolytes only.

4 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

They don't.

They think that trying to ingest 250g of carbs during a ~100km race is big-carb trying to brainwash the consumers, and they think they are knackered for 36 hours after racing because they raced so hard, not because they depleted their reserves, and they think that they struggle on longer races solely because they didn't prepare well enough and not at all because one farbar an hour is about 3 farbars short of fueling their efforts...

LOL. Not sure what to make of this reply, other than the fact that I mentioned what works for me (seeing as I mentioned farbar). But hey, whatever blows your hair back. ☺️

7 hours ago, Jehosefat said:

Had a friend who tried that in a race a few years back. He reckoned he got about 30% of his pee in his shoe. Kinda put me off ever trying it (especially seeing as it's not like I'm going to win the race anyway)

Does size matter?

34 minutes ago, mikkelz said:

LOL. Not sure what to make of this reply, other than the fact that I mentioned what works for me (seeing as I mentioned farbar). But hey, whatever blows your hair back. ☺️

Haha. It was mostly tongue in cheek and certainly not aimed at anyone.
If, however, you do ride on only one farbar an hour then don't expect to go much further than what your glycogen reserves can carry you. 😉

11 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Haha. It was mostly tongue in cheek and certainly not aimed at anyone.
If, however, you do ride on only one farbar an hour then don't expect to go much further than what your glycogen reserves can carry you. 😉

Big carbo has clearly gotten to you... Sako 7 can ride hundreds of km at 3 w/kg on the power of the previous night's steak, and does not grace us with his presence at any of the local races so that we can still keep our dreams alive. 

You are drinking toooo much before the event and you are drinking toooo much during the event.

During the event small amounts fairly regularly and don't wait till you are thirsty.

Studies are showing that coffee is not the diuretic we believe it to be and a bit of caffeine does more good than harm.