[Event] B-Well Around The Pot 2022

Events Bot

Event Name: B-Well Around The Pot 2022
When: 23/07/2022
Where: , Swellendam, Swellendam, Western Cape
Category: Gravel

Riders will depart from Swellendam and will experience 160km of gravel road, racing towards the Potberg mountain. They will then cross the Malgas ferry in a 45min neutral zone before riding the last 60km back towards Swellendam.

There will be a shorter 98km ride which will also make use of the famous ferry, as well as a 40km fun ride through the Bontebok National Park.

Riders will experience a superbly well-organized event with some great goodie bags, well-stocked water points, and spectacular on-route scenery.

Every rider will receive a roosterkoek at the Malgas ferry and a finisher hamburger with all food prepared by the local Buffeljagsrivier Primary School. The start and finish venue for this event will be the Swellendam Showgrounds.

Safe parking, security, chill zones, and showers at the finish will add to a great rider experience for all.

ATP’s main focus is ensuring that you, the riders have a fantastic time. We love a good vibe and to see you all enjoying yourselves. Above that, it is our priority to ensure that through this event, we are able to support the community, locals schools, and charities, in a positive way.

25 | 60 | 100 | 200 MILER

Go to Event Page.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Mamil said:

looks muddy .... again!!!!

That's going to be a proper test for our road bike tandem on gravel tyres!

Just doing the 60miler though.. Don't think I'll be able to handle the full 100miler on that thing!

27 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Anyone know anyone who wants a 200 miler entry?

ha ha ha ... you enter in a fit of exuberance, confidence and optimism now dampened by the prospect of a rainy muddy cold 14 hour bike ride?

Just now, Mamil said:

ha ha ha ... you enter in a fit of exuberance, confidence and optimism now dampened by the prospect of a rainy muddy cold 14 hour bike ride?

hahaha no. I wish it were as simple as that.

A little earlier in the year I spent 7 days in ICU with Viral Meningitis. Since then I've just been going from one sickness to the next and it turns out I have some form of post viral syndrome.

So I need to eliminate any stress or strenuous exercise for the next long while.

It sucks. 

But if anyone wants an entry to Around the Pot 200, it's yours!

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

A little earlier in the year I spent 7 days in ICU with Viral Meningitis. Since then I've just been going from one sickness to the next and it turns out I have some form of post viral syndrome.

So I need to eliminate any stress or strenuous exercise for the next long while.

It sucks. 

That's terrible news. Sorry to hear it. 

Just now, Mamil said:

That's terrible news. Sorry to hear it. 

It's not ideal...

Life will change a fair bit, but I have a good support system and look forward to spending more time playing guitar and shaping surfboards and focussing on work and home a bit more. 

31 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

It's not ideal...

Life will change a fair bit, but I have a good support system and look forward to spending more time playing guitar and shaping surfboards and focussing on work and home a bit more. 

That's the right attitude!

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

It sucks. 

That’s pretty crappy and best wishes for a full recovery. Shaping surfboards isn’t a bad way to spend the recovery time 

I’m riding the 160km 

does one require lights from the start or is there opportunity to grab spares and lights at a water point and which one?