[Event] B-Well Around The Pot 2022

Events Bot

Did the 160km last year. Vowed to not enter again due to the price tag on getting my gravel bike healthy again after all that mud. All forecasts show heavy rain on the day of the event. Its one thing riding in the mud; its another thing fixing all the damage. Good luck to those who are still going ahead with the ride. You will have your war stories, no doubt. 

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Groadie said:

Did the 160km last year. Vowed to not enter again due to the price tag on getting my gravel bike healthy again after all that mud. All forecasts show heavy rain on the day of the event. Its one thing riding in the mud; its another thing fixing all the damage. Good luck to those who are still going ahead with the ride. You will have your war stories, no doubt. 

I did the 160km last year, including missing that last ferry and hitched a ride on a speedboat. Am doubling up to the full kahuna.

My gravel bike wasn't that bad last year, (still has the same drivetrain on it ) but I did clean and lube at every waterpoint(yes I know they ran out, but I brought my own). I hope people don't get all cape town and pull out because of a bit of bad weather. Organiser has been a flippen champion dealing with my last minute accom shenanigans.

I got so Cape Town I didn't even enter on the probability that the weather would be bad! Anyway - that's gravel racing. Probably find it will only be a bit of drizzle anyway. Best of luck and enjoy those rolling hills...

Edited by Groadie

I checked Yr again this morning and the rain seems to be moving toward Sunday and alot less as well!

Friday also looks much better

For those who are doing the 200m and wondering what to expect. I checked the difference between this years and last. the route is substantially different so any timing you will see from last year is a loose guideline. both race distances are ~317km but climbing has dropped from ~4900m to 4100m

image.png.6bdb43700deec842adf3ee2cdfd3d95a.png

one structural difference is the pont stop comes significantly later in the race

23 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

For those who are doing the 200m and wondering what to expect. I checked the difference between this years and last. the route is substantially different so any timing you will see from last year is a loose guideline. both race distances are ~317km but climbing has dropped from ~4900m to 4100m

image.png.6bdb43700deec842adf3ee2cdfd3d95a.png

one structural difference is the pont stop comes significantly later in the race

Madness. Goodluck🤘

2 hours ago, Groadie said:

I got so Cape Town I didn't even enter on the probability that the weather would be bad! Anyway - that's gravel racing. Probably find it will only be a bit of drizzle anyway. Best of luck and enjoy those rolling hills...

You can still enter!

There's nothing more cape town than waiting for the last minute, seeing the weather is now good and then demanding to be treated like royalty because you know, you've paid.

image.png.c3d574efaa04e54ae1be742ed3788fd2.png

2 hours ago, throttles said:

Anyone have the Epic ride weather report for the 100miler? 🫣

Appears to be more pessimistic than other forecasts which, as mentioned, have rain moving later in the day 🤞

IMG_2367.png

36 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

Bloody hell, just checked weather again 🙈

IMG_6028.jpeg

if you're concerned by what's coming out the heavens at Swellendam on your weather forecast. move it to Napier and the amount will drop by 50% at least.

DM me if you want my 100 miler entry for free (Don’t want it to go to waste) you’ll just need to do and pay for the admin of the substitution (not much admin).