[Event] B-Well Around The Pot 2022

Events Bot

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if they cancel...no refunds according to their FB site...so OK understandable on the entry fee but what about the tent hire for 2 days and the brekkie I paid for ...and CSA license...just poof!!?

25 minutes ago, capediver said:

So if they cancel...no refunds according to their FB site...so OK understandable on the entry fee but what about the tent hire for 2 days and the brekkie I paid for ...and CSA license...just poof!!?

Maybe just wait and see what happens and what they offer before getting angry over assumptions.

I'm sure they are busy on the ground trying to figure out what to do and will get to the admin afterwards

This sort of thing sucks for everyone, but I am certain they will do their best to not just screw everyone where they can

2 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Maybe just wait and see what happens and what they offer before getting angry over assumptions.

I'm sure they are busy on the ground trying to figure out what to do and will get to the admin afterwards

This sort of thing sucks for everyone, but I am certain they will do their best to not just screw everyone where they can

No worries, not angry but I have been told by organiser, no refunds...maybe they don't have all my order details so let's see...even if there's the slightest chance I will try get there but they only announcing at 7PM tonight so that's a bit late to get over there today still...anyway, my first attempt at entry to a gravel race appears to have gone awry! Sure I'm not the only one!

13 minutes ago, capediver said:

No worries, not angry but I have been told by organiser, no refunds...maybe they don't have all my order details so let's see...even if there's the slightest chance I will try get there but they only announcing at 7PM tonight so that's a bit late to get over there today still...anyway, my first attempt at entry to a gravel race appears to have gone awry! Sure I'm not the only one!

Yeah. It sucks. I'm sorry.

I just say it may be best to wait. Cancellations and things gone bad for an event can be devastating. If they don't roll entries/offer discounts etc for next year, it can quite often spell the end of an event after everyone feels they didn't do what they could have.

Especially a relatively new event like this.

I'm sure they will work through the initial shock and then make some educated decisions on what is left and what they want out of the future.

I hope it goes ahead and you manage to get there, but I know those roads well and some of them flood pretty easily in weather like this. The roads on either side of the Pont on the Van As land are often completely submerged after rains like this.

So the event gets tough for everyone and access for emergencies gets impossible. This is the real event killer. If someone has a heart attack or goes hypothermic and no one can get to them, it kills them and the event 

Edited by Jewbacca

31 minutes ago, capediver said:

+1 

We’re killing some time with a choppie and steak 😅

image.jpg

21 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Yeah. It sucks. I'm sorry.

I just say it may be best to wait. Cancellations and things gone bad for an event can be devastating. If they don't roll entries/offer discounts etc for next year, it can quite often spell the end of an event after everyone feels they didn't do what they could have.

Especially a relatively new event like this.

I'm sure they will work through the initial shock and then make some educated decisions on what is left and what they want out of the future.

I hope it goes ahead and you manage to get there, but I know those roads well and some of them flood pretty easily in weather like this. The roads on either side of the Pont on the Van As land are often completely submerged after rains like this.

So the event gets tough for everyone and access for emergencies gets impossible. This is the real event killer. If someone has a heart attack or goes hypothermic and no one can get to them, it kills them and the event 

I see they have published alternate routes that don't involve the pont, so they do have a plan B but the amount of rain that is coming down in the region will make any gravel road in the region just a mudfest so yeah..riding in the mud is never fun....ce la vie...maybe I'll do a few loops of the greenbelt with my all new mudguards tomorrow morning!!!!!

They said that those that cannot ride tomorrow, a potential arrangement might be offered through a discount for next year perhaps 

3 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

Went out this morning, the rain has largely subsided now but surfaces obviously very muddy

IMG_6156.jpeg

IMG_6143.jpeg

IMG_6139.jpeg

IMG_6117.jpeg

I’m really in 2 minds here. We’re here to race, gravel is dirty, etc, etc. But looking at the rain falling, and the roads we rode today, let’s be frank, 100miles tomorrow is going to be miserable.

there’s no rain forecast for tomorrow, but there is the small matter of 50km/h wind gusts.

i really feel for the organisers, there’s no easy decision here.

Edited by MongooseMan

20 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

I’m really in 2 minds here. We’re here to race, gravel is dirty, etc, etc. But looking at the rain falling, and the roads we rode today, let’s be frank, 100miles tomorrow is going to be miserable.

there’s no rain forecast for tomorrow, but there is the small matter of 50km/h wind gusts.

i really feel for the organisers, there’s no easy decision here.

1 mile in that would be depressing....ego or no ego....