Western Cape enduro is back!

PhilipV

5 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

My biggest worry for Sunday is if my legs are going to survive all that climbing . . . The weather is by far the least of my worries.

lets hope they used a garmin to measure the elevation. Should be out by at least 400m 😁

Edit: Doom and gloom aside...can you all please inform a 'nevervisited' on where one parks and where this all starts once inside the gate? 

Edited by MORNE

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Edit: Doom and gloom aside...can you all please inform a 'nevervisited' on where one parks and where this all starts once inside the gate? 

Don't stress about that. Be there early and park wherever you find a slot. And then follow the crowd. Jonkers is easy. One way in, one way out.

20 minutes ago, MORNE said:

lets hope they used a garmin to measure the elevation. Should be out by at least 400m 😁

So tomorrow? Meet 7:15 at the gate?

30 minutes ago, MORNE said:

This needs to hit a day later for that to be true at this stage unfortunately. We need the saturday window to move over to sunday.

stupid weather.jpg

Chill die guava, raak vir my rustig, pak 'n dun reenjassie (vir die rondstaan en in die ry wag) en bekommer jou eerder oor die klippe. 

Jonkers is nie met Overberg klei grond gemaak nie. 

C707E11B-DCFC-43E6-A88C-8C59B08973F5.png

16 minutes ago, PhilipV said:

Chill die guava, raak vir my rustig, pak 'n dun reenjassie (vir die rondstaan en in die ry wag) en bekommer jou eerder oor die klippe. 

Jonkers is nie met Overberg klei grond gemaak nie. 

Maar dis juis die klippe waaroor en my bekommer oom.
Ps, jou keuse van woorde beteken ekt jou post gelees in ‘RadioRaps’

🤣

32 minutes ago, Meezo said:

So tomorrow? Meet 7:15 at the gate?

Cant do tomorrow. Was trying for today since the weather is perfect, but that also doesn't look like it will work out. It is looking like blind will be the only way. Just let me go last, give me a few minutes more and call the ambulance if you dont see me😋

6 hours ago, MORNE said:

1800m sounds excessive, but I did Plumber + DH + top half of Red P + Iron Monkey last weekend and it was a 1100m day with 3 hours of riding so it may very well be. doesnt really matter, what matters is its not optional 😁 

I'm riding by myself so will be nice to hook up with some other groups on the day. However, I got my 30T installed, so may get to the top last. However, I will be there at the end as some of those hills are pretty steep. I am guessing the route will be something like this..which means we do that k@k steep climb x3

Green being the stages, and climbs being as follows:

Yellow to S1

Orange to S2

Purple to S3

Magenta to S4

Pink to S5

Jonkers map.jpg

Disclaimer - I know nothing, Image from Strava heatmaps, and the purple climb should start from the bottom of plumber, not Red Phoenix

Edited by Bos

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

hahahahaha you guys over think this.

I'm glad I'm a 'go there, ride badly, go home' kinda guy.

These what ifs, route predictions and pre-empted leg failures are way more exhausting than the actual event! 

Go away with your wookie  logic please. I like to complain in advance so that on the day it seems like a breeze. 🤣

my glass is always half empty….but only because i positively enjoyed emptying it halfway haha

Edited by MORNE

3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

These what ifs, route predictions and pre-empted leg failures are way more exhausting than the actual event! 

It's what one does when you're slightly nervous but excited and trapped behind a keyboard. You better be riding Mr happy go lucky? 

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

Go away with your wookie  logic please. I like to complain in advance so that on the day it seems like a breeze. 🤣

my glass is always half empty….but only because i positively enjoyed emptying it halfway haha

It is only half empty because you drank the first half of the whiskey already

32 minutes ago, Hairy said:

It is only half empty because you drank the first half of the whiskey already

Thats exactly what i intended you get from that 😅

13 hours ago, Bos said:

It's what one does when you're slightly nervous but excited and trapped behind a keyboard. You better be riding Mr happy go lucky? 

I am unfortunately still sidelined from any strenuous activity after having Viral Meningitis in March and then recurring infections and some optic nerve damage and spinal chord inflammation which is taking a while to come right.

Another few months of rest and very mild exercise. My next appointment with the Physician is scheduled for Jan 10th, where I will hopefully get the all clear to start pushing the boat out again slowly.

Visit last week was seriously promising and I am recovering well, considering I almost died, went quite blind in my left eye and had some brain function issues.

I am happy to report my brain has healed, I can see, I can do mild runs and rides, play golf, surf etc as long as I don't put too much strain on my body. As soon as I do I get sick and frail and start all over again. 

It sucks, but I'm enjoying the extra time playing music, with my son and on the golf course. 

I will be back next year and this break from too much exercise has made me pretty hungry to get back to full fitness/gnar shredding.

Anyway, enough about me and my sorrowful woes, @MORNE  and @Meezo how were the trails?!

17 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Exactly, doesn't matter cause after a full speed run down the plumber, I'll be so smashed i probably wont even know I'm riding an enduro anymore:P