Western Cape enduro is back!

PhilipV

10 minutes ago, iRide said:

OK, I've just spoken to Frankie and she said I could post the results here for you (she thought that everyone had the results already, which you kind of do if you just use our App ;)

Can you tell Frankie flippen well done on the event. and then the question everyone is asking... When is the next one... We are not bored of Hoogekraal and Contemanskloof we are bored of no more Enduros

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Digging the post race stoke, especially from Morne the noob.

It is awesome to see. 

I'm bleak I missed it. 

I'll be at the next one

Not gonna lie, like I also told @PhilipV when he tagged me out on the last stage and realised it was me (or my bike😅), for a first time, ons those trails, it was really tough for me. Steep learning curve for sure. Like they implied tongue in cheek at race briefing: “ These arent like the other trail networks..so ride within your ability”.
So I approached it that way regardless…Ride within what I’m comfortable with at this stage to maximise my enjoyment of it. I don’t have anything to prove. And it was fun even though i was borderline dead last except for the peeps who nearly ded’ed along the way and dnf’d 🤣. “To finish first, first you must finish” right? Haha.

But the fact that it was that difficult makes me want to do it even more…thats just the way im wired.

5169AEFF-8AC6-4E37-8649-6B62DCFE5A76.jpeg

E9E31CB7-1667-46DA-B57C-979CE370522B.jpeg

48DD904D-0F0B-4B77-B0C1-252536BE9611.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

This was my first rodeo too, and I am also properly hooked to this format. As @MORNE  said, its by no means easy, but the fun factor is through the roof. I found that doing a couple weeks of riding there has made a massive difference in knowing what to expect out on the trails and I have seen on Straaaava that my times improved tremendously on Sunday on the stages we competed on.

I'm very keen to measure my potential skill improvement on the local trails again seeing as its been 2 months since I last rode Tygerberg.

5 hours ago, iRide said:

OK, I've just spoken to Frankie and she said I could post the results here for you (she thought that everyone had the results already, which you kind of do if you just use our App ;)

@iRideYou don't miss a thing hey☺️ Thanks for the massive effort. I know there were lots of guys that made this come together, but we cant race without timing. So cheers to you two.🍻

11 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I felt like I was pinning it through these last berms on Zululand, but this pic of Dane.. F@rk..!

Suddenly I know why I was struggling to engage those side knobs on my DHF because I sure as heck was not leaning like this!!

I gave my bike "the look" this morning when walking through the garage.. Man, I'm keen!

Looking at the detailed results, thanks IRIDE, Im blown away by the skill coming through the ranks. The future of the sport is in good hands! Comparing times of Youth + Sub Junior men to Elete men + Masters.. there's nothing in it! Times are pretty close when comparing 5th, 10th, 15th spots.

21 hours ago, wolver said:

Yes the results format is a bit odd. 

Re: your ebike comment... I don't feel like being on an ebike is that much of an advantage, not much pedalling going down those stages. It's definitely an advantage, but not enough to offset the lack of talent.  Maybe I'm biased 'cos I was on one though?

However with an ebike you get to the top much fresher and all you have to do to pedal out a corner is put 2 pedal strokes in on turbo

To me all good reason to ride one :) 

Great raw vid, wif music. Caught the no-hander crash perfectly. I reckon the hooligan was going for social media gold one way or another 🙂 

Really sorry I missed this one - caught the dreaded flu the previous Sunday and still can't breath properly, So I gave it a miss. Looks like a well organized and well attended event. Well done all.

51 minutes ago, Bos said:

I felt like I was pinning it through these last berms on Zululand, but this pic of Dane.. F@rk..!

Suddenly I know why I was struggling to engage those side knobs on my DHF because I sure as heck was not leaning like this!!

I gave my bike "the look" this morning when walking through the garage.. Man, I'm keen!

Looking at the detailed results, thanks IRIDE, Im blown away by the skill coming through the ranks. The future of the sport is in good hands! Comparing times of Youth + Sub Junior men to Elete men + Masters.. there's nothing in it! Times are pretty close when comparing 5th, 10th, 15th spots.

I am also realising with a bit of a shock I need to get my bike  bit more sideways than I thought I was.

But I REALLY hope this is not going to die out like the previous series. We need to support these events. Nothing compares to the amount of fun I had on Sunday. 

10 hours ago, Headshot said:

Great raw vid, wif music. Caught the no-hander crash perfectly. I reckon the hooligan was going for social media gold one way or another

Let's give him his due. After this performance he deserves to shine, since win or loose, he sent it. Give that man a Bells.

When confidence

image.png.ed1fe599f4d7f6e0717bf5c2222cc9d1.png

becomes optimism

image.png.628f44f432d9fb75f1e5fdacfbff27ff.png

and the realisation sets in

image.png.33c9ea0b22801891b8821b5ca4b5f9f8.png

that you overestimated yourself

image.png.0b6be81ba89261634362ebd3522d97a7.png

and have merely become a passenger

image.png.4bc527839d3883733d9fa5057e70dbfc.png

on the way to the scene of the accident . . .

image.png.a0aa58befc953afbd1762c1c1acf9bb4.png

8 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Let's give him his due. After this performance he deserves to shine, since win or loose, he sent it. Give that man a Bells.

When confidence

image.png.ed1fe599f4d7f6e0717bf5c2222cc9d1.png

becomes optimism

image.png.628f44f432d9fb75f1e5fdacfbff27ff.png

and the realisation sets in

image.png.33c9ea0b22801891b8821b5ca4b5f9f8.png

that you overestimated yourself

image.png.0b6be81ba89261634362ebd3522d97a7.png

and have merely become a passenger

image.png.4bc527839d3883733d9fa5057e70dbfc.png

on the way to the scene of the accident . . .

image.png.a0aa58befc953afbd1762c1c1acf9bb4.png

Between pic 4 and 5 he was lucky the front wheel kind of tracked and sent him to the vegetation for a bounce.  If the wheel tucked there to the left instead and folded under the bike, it could have been a vicious OTB faceplant from way higher up. The bike landing on it’s wheels kind of broke his fall with his jewels against the toptube 😅

ouch. Glad he’s relatively ok. And he has this om camera so can learn from it.

In pic 1 you can see it went wrong from the start. He didn't pinch the saddle with his thighs at all so the bars were never going to be where he left them. 

25 minutes ago, Headshot said:

In pic 1 you can see it went wrong from the start. He didn't pinch the saddle with his thighs at all so the bars were never going to be where he left them. 

Maybe he polished his saddle with mr min the night before and it was slippier than jacob zuma at a court hearing…

• 4 weeks later...