Western Cape enduro is back!

PhilipV

1 minute ago, Bos said:

What time are you starting? I'm in 8am. Early start driving from Worcester!

Ya the Taxing on the arms part is very much part of my thinking.. I'm going to the top then will pic the line with the shorter que, then go to the top again to get the two tough climbs out the way, then its rally time that DH is so kiff..  Red P might be a bit snotty, usually is, but then again, there's not much braking or turning so who gives 😆

also 8am, I'm about an hour's drive out from Jonkershoek and the stop go on the end of Baden Powell is gamble vs Annandale\R44 robots.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, MORNE said:

im defo downgrading to the Lite. i'm not ready for the rocks up at plumber yet. Ill drink your beer while I wait😅 Or maybe I should just start with the beer ....pretty sure ill try it then. dutch courage is a thing....and I are mos a Dutchman...

I enjoyed the lite stages the most -  and didnt die...So win win haha.

LITE:

stage 1: Red Phoenix full.

Stage 2: DH3 & 2

Stager 3: Armageddon 5 / Zululand

...apparently

Its Armageddon 4 and Zululand 

20 minutes ago, Meezo said:

also 8am, I'm about an hour's drive out from Jonkershoek and the stop go on the end of Baden Powell is gamble vs Annandale\R44 robots.

I will look out for you, although I think youre a little fitter than I am. 

18 minutes ago, herrowpreeze said:

Its Armageddon 4 and Zululand 

Falling like flies now...!😆

2 hours ago, Meezo said:

@MORNE weather looking prime now for Sunday... 🤪

is it because i downgraded and basically will be finished by 11 and drinking @Bos's beer by then. So basically i'll be making it rain?🤪

Edited by MORNE

Slow AF, only fell once,  didnt die…

That was so much fun!

My legs are killing me, not from the uphill slogs but from the stages going down. 

also, nice meeting some of you in person! Leka @PhilipV, thanks for the fun day.
we only discovered it much later at the end but myself and@Robbie Stewart and co were basically riding along together for 2 stages and talking *** totally oblivious.  Lost my bottle when I fell on phoenix and they were kind enough to share theirs too. Thanks again. Robbie also said Irish was his fav climb on earth👀.

🤘

Edited by MORNE

56 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Slow AF, only fell once,  didnt die…

That was so much fun!

My legs are killing me, not from the uphill slogs but from the stages going down. 

also, nice meeting some of you in person! Leka @PhilipV, thanks for the fun day.
we only discovered it much later at the end but myself and@Robbie Stewart and co were basically riding along together for 2 stages and talking *** totally oblivious.  Lost my bottle when I fell on phoenix and they were kind enough to share theirs too. Thanks again. Robbie also said Irish was his fav climb on earth👀.

🤘

It was a good day out for sure @MORNE . It was great to meet another Hub face. When you met @PhilipV was when I clicked who you were lol.

I must admit though I have fallen in love with Irish Climb. In a kind of love to hate it way. Perhaps when I have more legs I'll attempt it again. But so far I'm not a fan aye 😉.

I had a off on the last hurdle for the day trying to clear that double at the very end of Armageddon / Zululand. Hindsight being 20/20 I dunno what I was thinking attempting it in the first place. My legs were cooked by the end of that stage. Luckily I found my watch though 😁

22 minutes ago, Meezo said:

Lekka guys @Robbie Stewart @MORNE i managed to stay on my bike, so was super great! Absolutely loved it... 

Awesome. There seems to have been a good few DNF for the day . @MORNE  was watching a few chaps start Arma4 at speed and going OTB into that first left into the rock garden section.

I'm convinced I've found my new favourite event. 

But now I get e-bikes. All that climbing was torture.

7 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Awesome. There seems to have been a good few DNF for the day . @MORNE  was watching a few chaps start Arma4 at speed and going OTB into that first left into the rock garden section.

Full one next time for you and @MORNE 😛😊

11 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Yea, not very motivating when you see the fast guys go OTB🤣

@Meezo, you said dh was easy blind! . Well the midpart yes, but the two steep(by then rutted) drop ins not so much haha. 
ps, luckily the stages were well marked..i went full pink (b-lines) on everything🤣

Edited by MORNE

On 9/23/2022 at 12:02 PM, MORNE said:

is it because i downgraded and basically will be finished by 11 and drinking @Bos's beer by then. So basically i'll be making it rain?🤪

Jy het toe so effens na 11 ingekom. 

Was lekker om te ontmoet. 

Laat weet as jy lus is om in Somerset Wes te kom ry, ek sal jou met liefde rond wys. 

What a lekker day out again. Was good meeting Morne, and seeing @Bos. Bos had a great day, 38th overall and 6th in the Ballie class. 👌

Also a great first time out for the new organising crew. They pulled off a slick event while having to learn the ins and outs of organizing people and herding cats.

I'll gladly marshall at their events again.

I liked the shorter stages compared to last year. Yes last year was harder, but I think that most  had mor fun today. 

1 hour ago, PhilipV said:

What a lekker day out again. Was good meeting Morne, and seeing @Bos. Bos had a great day, 38th overall and 6th in the Ballie class. 👌

Also a great first time out for the new organising crew. They pulled off a slick event while having to learn the ins and outs of organizing people and herding cats.

I'll gladly marshall at their events again.

I liked the shorter stages compared to last year. Yes last year was harder, but I think that most  had mor fun today. 

Sick day out Philip ! Hats off to you and all the guys that make these things happen. Actually like more than 10 people doing a lot behind the scenes.

I started the day without my wingman but after 500m I was having a great time with a bunch of new friends ☺ 

Stoked to have made it down plumber without a dab 🙌 and somehow got PR's on about all the stages. The DH track just blew me away again, so frigging fast.. felt like hanging onto a MX bike. Kind of blew a top gasket at the last Irish and was lacking a couple of horses down Iron monkey. Was so stoked to be back up at the top without dying to Armageddon.

I was also in the bunch when we stood watching the dudes go OTB in the rocks @MORNE  Is it just me or was there a new line through there before that big rock roll? Anyway I couldn't remember ever riding that thing before. But perhaps it's just because there is never usually a line, and I haven't been on Armageddon for a month or so.

Did the last couple of climbs with  Highschool riding buddy Heinrich. He's a photographer and just came along for the ride and shot photos here and there. Was good to catch up. 

@PhilipV 6th in the ballie class but hardly top 40. There's a lot of fast kids out there these days!