Prevent feet from slipping off pedals?

Jaz

Technique paired with 5-10s glued to DMR V12s
Now I only experience foot numbness on long descents, but I believe that is a different thread.
Been riding flats since I started in 2016 and now might just be at the tipping point to try clipless (clipped in? :huh:

2 minutes ago, Wheelie87 said:

Technique paired with 5-10s glued to DMR V12s
Now I only experience foot numbness on long descents, but I believe that is a different thread.
Been riding flats since I started in 2016 and now might just be at the tipping point to try clipless (clipped in? :huh:

Go for it, I wont ride any other way.

17 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Go for it, I wont ride any other way.

Eh, horses for courses. I've got clipless on my road (SPD-SL) and XC (SPD) bikes and flats on my enduro (OneUp pedals and 5-10s) bike. I've crashed my enduro bike once because my foot came off the pedal and I've crashed the XC bike 5 or 6 times because I couldn't unclip fast enough (I've had the XC bike a lot longer and ridden it more) so much of a muchness.

Technique you learn riding flats helps be more in control on clipless but not the other way around.

2 hours ago, Jehosefat said:

Technique you learn riding flats helps be more in control on clipless but not the other way around.

^^ all of this.

A lot of crashes happen because of crap technique learned by starting out on clips - just watch the Epic 2018 (?) prologue crash reel. Flats will teach you to pedal, jump and bunnyhop properly because you can't cheat.

If and when you decide to move to clips later, you'll be far better off having learned the basics beforehand.

OP - if you want proper shoes at a decent price, Etnies do a MTB range that won't break the bank.

19 hours ago, AkwA said:

The best riding shoes, love messing around in them, have logged quite a few hours, as you can see😂image.jpg.1a2e37c060efbb61c2ffd78aa68821a0.jpg

Crocs are Actually Not Bad Flat Shoes for Going to the Shop and Other Light MTB Riding.

I use them Sometimes for Riding at Modderfontein Cross Country (Nothing Hecktic)

They Work Better With Socks and Sizing a little on the Tight side.

Try It You Might be Surprised.

More Sticky than my 5 10's.

Edited by dasilvarsa

5 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

Crocs are Actually Not Bad Flat Shoes for Going to the Shop and Other Light MTB Riding.

I use them Sometimes for Riding at Modderfontein Cross Country (Nothing Hecktic)

They Work Better With Socks and Sizing a little on the Tight side.

Try It You Might be Surprised.

More Sticky than my 5 10's.

Agreed, they veeeery sticky, love it. 

5 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

241282712_412254710236879_2584642836045148345_n.png.b8b10834cd73eeefd2dd5c6699bd6322.png

Always put in sport mode.

I actually don’t even ride them in sport mode, but normally only ride them when doing jibs or messing around in the street, so nothing rough.

4 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

#withcrocsmeridatoday

These are my special occasion crocs in Sport Mode of Course.

crocs.jpg

You are messing with my brain ..... :P

Actually considering getting a set to try on the IDT .... :eek:

Specialized Tygerberg still has stock of the 2FO at the old price :thumbup:

And in my size :clap:  (last time I waited almost 3 months for the next shipment)

On 7/14/2022 at 7:15 PM, ChrisF said:

Specialized Tygerberg still has stock of the 2FO at the old price :thumbup:

And in my size :clap:  (last time I waited almost 3 months for the next shipment)

What is the old price? Do you by any chance know what sizes are available?

11 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

What is the old price? Do you by any chance know what sizes are available?

R2375

I use their size 47.  Also tried the 46, just too narrow for me.

No idea what other sizes they have.

I tried the DC shoes at Evobikes last month ... even narrower.

Edited by ChrisF