Vuelta 2022

emme

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roglič is such an awesome athlete and personality to follow. Admirable, always dignified and so stoic in his interviews. After his 3-peat at the Vuelta, he would’ve definitely wanted a 4th as he is such a champion.

His role in the Tour de France was instrumental in Jumbo wining by the GC battle. What a warrior!  Just one too many crashes this season. 
Heal up, man! 

2 hours ago, TheoG said:

What happened to them?

IMO and this is just speculation perhaps Karma dealt with him. Attacked came at the same time Remco flatted, Coincidence? 🤔

4 minutes ago, babse said:

I also puncture sometimes when okes attack and I cannot respond...

Unlucky Rog!

Some people definitely thinking that Evenpoel was Very Lucky to get his puncture when he did(just inside 3k to go). There was still confusion on the Lanterne Rouge Podcast as to whether the stage qualified for the 3km rule or not.

17 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Attack came first

from the Lantern Rouge analysis he drifts too far back before the attack, signaling he had the puncture already?

Feel sorry for Rog.

Puts a bit of a damper on the race now as was looking forward to seeing the battles over the next few days.

Will be interesting to see if Mas goes for broke.

Another option would be if UAE go all out for Ayuso/Almeida

4 hours ago, milky4130 said:

from the Lantern Rouge analysis he drifts too far back before the attack, signaling he had the puncture already?

Seems possible he punctured with 7km to go and rode into the safe zone before stopping. There's no way Rog had any knowledge of where the red jersey was when he attacked.

17 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Seems possible he punctured with 7km to go and rode into the safe zone before stopping. There's no way Rog had any knowledge of where the red jersey was when he attacked.

Dan Lloyd remarked that there isn't a rider in the peloton that would stop before the 3km if they could ride a bit past it. Is it right? well, it's not against the rules. There's no space in the results column for comments, but other riders know what goes on during races and will remember

IMO the 3km rule does not achieve it's intended purpose and should be revised or scrapped.

For safety reason you could give sprint stages a timing arch and a finish line. There is no fixed distance between the two, it's decided by what is reasonable for the run-in to the sprint. There is no debate about what or how or where when or with whom when it comes to splits after the timing arch, since the timed stage is over. There is no artificial adjustment, as it's you physically crossing a line. There are no worries about the ethics of nursing a soft wheel to make it to the timing arch.

Anyway, not the thread for it, and not Friday...