Brutal conditions at the 2022 Trans Baviaans Race

News bot

The 2022 Trans Baviaans Race was among the most brutal events in recent memory, due to icy rain and cold temperatures. Every rider who finished, be it on Saturday afternoon or in the late hours of Saturday night and Sunday morning, can thus be very happy with their effort. There are of course those who […]

View full article

On 8/15/2022 at 11:30 AM, Headshot said:

Weird that in those conditions not more riders in longs. 

I would think not really so...  The reason being, if your longs are not waterproof and you expect loads of rain or river crossings, I would say that wet longs are worse than riding without longs...

2 hours ago, The Commuter said:

I would think not really so...  The reason being, if your longs are not waterproof and you expect loads of rain or river crossings, I would say that wet longs are worse than riding without longs...

Could be but I've played a round a bit and sometimes wear some long stretchy gym/running pants over my cycling shorts in winter/rain. Keeps you clean and I think a bit warmer than without. You also get fleecy lycra longs with padding that are very cosy.

6 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Could be but I've played a round a bit and sometimes wear some long stretchy gym/running pants over my cycling shorts in winter/rain. Keeps you clean and I think a bit warmer than without. You also get fleecy lycra longs with padding that are very cosy.

clearly Hypothermia is prefereable to being caught in long thermals on an MTB