Club Kits - Which brand to go for

Arnie

10 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I always think it's amazing how different people's experiences are for the same products.

I have Vye bibs and shirts, I have Enjoy bibs and shirts and Ciovita bibs and shirts out of the local, custom offerings.

The Vye bibs are the least comfortable for me. The very wide elastic edge with very aggressive silicone lugs annoy my legs and I can't pee out the bottom.

The Enjoy bibs are slightly better but the straps are annoying.

The Ciovita bibs are the most comfortable but I've had to re-stitch both sets on the same seams. 

IMHO none are without fault and you're better off actually popping in to the various factories to try them on.

The Vye shirts are really good. The Ciovita shirt size curve has big jumps, so a tight medium means a 90s rapper baggy shirt. 

Enjoy shirts are good but if you don't have some upper arm mass I can imagine they flap. 

IMHO if you're the right size, Ciovita offer a very comfortable product. Vye offer good shirts in a great size curve but their bibs are junk, Enjoy offer a good middle ground if you're the right build. 

So without saying 'this one is rubbish and my pick is good', they all offer something, but like all performance clothing, fit is key and will really influence your experience.

All of them offer a fantastic buying/designing/creating experience. 

Fit is key, so I think that no matter which option you choose, there will be some super stoked people and some less stoked people with exactly the same kit, unless you are all roughly the same height, weight and build.

Thanks for the detailed comparison 

I guess the best would to try on some samples. 

Phew making decisions for 55 guys is not so easy as I thought

thanks man

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Arnie said:

thanks man

I guess I'm saying that some people are, for some reason, trying to sell you a golden goose that unfortunately doesn't exist.

All of them have their flaws and all of them will be amazing for the right person.

Luckily, most of the options have a store or are sold in a store where the guys can go and try on and then fill out a form that says 'race fit M' or 'sport fit L' etc

If they don't want to try on themselves, then they must guess. 

You won't please everyone no matter how hard you try, so my advice would be to put the onus on the group to supply the information, then go with what you found to be the best.

That way at least you know you will be stoked with the outcome as a reward for taking on this mammoth task!

I've had similar feedback regarding the vye bibs (mostly comfort issues related to the padding), I also have lots of Ciovita stuff and I'm not the biggest fan of the corsa bib that I have, but it was my very 1st "real" bib so it has a few more hours in the saddle than all the other ones.

If you're going to order for 50 guys, best is to go for a brand that most of them already know their size for OR for a brand that they can easily go and try on first. (I believe ciovita and vye are in woodstock ? and Go cycle in Somerset west)

Never got close to a vye kit so I have no idea, but I know Ciovita and Go-Cycle, depending on the fit I can be anywhere between large and small.

I'm 178cm and for Go-cycle stuff I'm a small in jackets and medium at the moment for jerseys but might go small when do new kits (for a tighter / + aero fit on the upper chest)

Ciovita I was always a medium until I bought a flyweight (pro fit) jersey, and had to send it back for a large !

I like Ciovita, Kalas and OTR Designs.

Ciovita and Kalas is more expensive, OTR is probably the best value for money.

3 hours ago, Arnie said:

thanks man

Eish, be prepared - some will be unhappy - done this, got the T-Shirt... Strongs! LOL

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

humble brag?

hahaha 

I was lucky enough to win a massive Enjoy competition so have their top end stuff from there. 

Both the Vye and Ciovita stuff are #fullfactory team kit, so I am lucky to have it, but maybe also able to be objective and impartial because I haven't splashed money at anything and need to justify the purchase.

In an ideal world I would say  vye shirt, Ciovita fit bibs with Enjoy stitching quality......

And remember both Enjoy and Ciovita have different models and fit from racing snake to relaxed, so no one size fits all !

They all have different cuts and size curves. 
I find enjoy uncomfortable but ciovita and Vye are comfortable for long days on the Mtb, Vye more so.

it’s a personal thing. 
I have three ciovita corsa 2.0 bibs that are great for 3 to 4 hrs. After that I’m sitting on nothing 

I have two Enjoy bibs, both horribly uncomfortable.the stitching especially on the inside of the thigh is the main culprit. It hard and bulky . 

when asking for opinion on attire you will get exactly that.

I agree that the best thing is to buy from a vendor as local as possible and get everyone or as many as can be bothered  to get a fitting at the factory.

I’ve tried ordering different cuts for people who fell outside the intended products fit curve. It’s a schlep but it sometimes works   If the numbers are above the MOQ.

Another thing to consider is minimum order quantity. With a big order like 55 units there’s going to be someone who will fall and break a jersey or bib . You don’t want to have to wait for 15 people to need kit before ordering that guys replacement top

Have a chat to Ian @Vye. Excellent service, flexible with orders and really really good turn around times once designs and costs have been finalized.

Our first order of 35 odd bibs and 45 jerseys took about 7 work days...#nopressure😝

12 hours ago, Arnie said:

thanks man

55 guys, all the best! I struggle buying for just one….myself. Different brands means many variances in cuts, shapes and sizes🤦‍♂️!

Just now, Colin Pym said:

55 guys, all the best! I struggle buying for just one….myself. Different brands means many variances in cuts, shapes and sizes🤦‍♂️!

Excel is your friend!!

55 humans... Shew Goodluck with that!

I will definitely put in back on the group and see which type of fit and brand majority of the okes want/like. As mentioned by other posts above, a good fit is as important as quality and certain brands fit certain people better. 

Last time i was involved in bulk order, we did 1 type of bib, with 3 top options. Sport fit, Race/Aero fit and Enduro long sleeve top. Even the single bib type got up and down reviews with a group of only 15

Anyway, i have my preference but prefer not to put in out there that it isn't Ciovita 🙃