Club Kits - Which brand to go for

Arnie

Hi Guys

Whats your recommendation for club kits. we looking at an affordable option for a bibshorts and jersey that should at least last for 12 months minimum.

Im looking at the Vye Velo and also the Enjoy Octane/ Supremium

I have never had any of these kits so dont have any experience on these kits. I have had numerous guys making cases for both brands.

Your thought.....?

Thanks

R

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Arnie said:

Hi Guys

Whats your recommendation for club kits. we looking at an affordable option for a bibshorts and jersey that should at least last for 12 months minimum.

I have never had any of these kits so dont have any experience on these kits. I have had numerous guys making cases for both brands.

Your thought.....?

Thanks

R

Our club has used both BioRacer and GSG as kit manufacturers. Both offer exceptional, race fit quality at affordable prices 

1 hour ago, ACE Cycles said:

Our club has used both BioRacer and GSG as kit manufacturers. Both offer exceptional, race fit quality at affordable prices 

+1 for GSG

If you’re interested, I can share Stefano and Natalie’s number on a PM.

RH77 offer team kits and their offering is of the highest quality 

My only issue with them would be they not a Local brand like "Enjoy" which I believe we need to support in times like this

4 hours ago, Iwan Kemp said:

Vye for sure. I wear some of the Hasie &  the Robots kit and it's everything one would expect. Comfortable, good fit, reliable sizing, durable, etc. 

what he said^^^

6 hours ago, Arnie said:

Hi Guys

Your thought.....?

Thanks

R

Vye uses a standard South African/American fit curve.

Enjoy is more to the European side. 

SO the same person will wear a Small in Vye will require Medium Enjoy. also the Enjoy tops come up a little more lose than they should and this is Proxion line which is supposed to be race fit.

From a size perspective, Vye wins as the fit curve is easy to understand.

Vye uses an ElasticInterface pad in the bib. This pad is the industry standard.

Enjoy uses I don't know what but its almost as bad as sitting on sand paper. It was not ENJOYable.....(see what i did there)

Vye is my go to local company for custom kit.

PS: Yes there was a few problems with the Velo Race bib that they're aware of and have addressed.

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

Vye uses a standard South African/American fit curve.

Enjoy is more to the European side. 

SO the same person will wear a Small in Vye will require Medium Enjoy. also the Enjoy tops come up a little more lose than they should and this is Proxion line which is supposed to be race fit.

From a size perspective, Vye wins as the fit curve is easy to understand.

Vye uses an ElasticInterface pad in the bib. This pad is the industry standard.

Enjoy uses I don't know what but its almost as bad as sitting on sand paper. It was not ENJOYable.....(see what i did there)

Vye is my go to local company for custom kit.

PS: Yes there was a few problems with the Velo Race bib that they're aware of and have addressed.

Thanks for this, it’s very helpful 

I always think it's amazing how different people's experiences are for the same products.

I have Vye bibs and shirts, I have Enjoy bibs and shirts and Ciovita bibs and shirts out of the local, custom offerings.

The Vye bibs are the least comfortable for me. The very wide elastic edge with very aggressive silicone lugs annoy my legs and I can't pee out the bottom.

The Enjoy bibs are slightly better but the straps are annoying.

The Ciovita bibs are the most comfortable but I've had to re-stitch both sets on the same seams. 

IMHO none are without fault and you're better off actually popping in to the various factories to try them on.

The Vye shirts are really good. The Ciovita shirt size curve has big jumps, so a tight medium means a 90s rapper baggy shirt. 

Enjoy shirts are good but if you don't have some upper arm mass I can imagine they flap. 

IMHO if you're the right size, Ciovita offer a very comfortable product. Vye offer good shirts in a great size curve but their bibs are junk, Enjoy offer a good middle ground if you're the right build. 

So without saying 'this one is rubbish and my pick is good', they all offer something, but like all performance clothing, fit is key and will really influence your experience.

All of them offer a fantastic buying/designing/creating experience. 

Fit is key, so I think that no matter which option you choose, there will be some super stoked people and some less stoked people with exactly the same kit, unless you are all roughly the same height, weight and build.

15 hours ago, Iwan Kemp said:

Vye for sure. I wear some of the Hasie &  the Robots kit and it's everything one would expect. Comfortable, good fit, reliable sizing, durable, etc. 

Can you send me some of the Durable bibs you have? I have returned one that tore at the stitching after 2 months. They kindly sent me a new one. but that one after 2 months has gone see-through just above my crack. 2 dummys and one blue bib that is flawless... 1/3 not good enough for me. I couldn't be bothered to ask them again. Also cant wear them without a base layer shirt, they chow the nipple. 7Mesh and Blacksheep for me thanks.

And.. all my bibs are washed separate on delicate in their own bags, before I get told I don't look after them. Tuesday rant over.