[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

2 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Well all the comms from 99er stated they will definitely use it, So pretty sure they will.

yes, but you have to request a reseed at the expo and to my knowledge it comes at a cost.. It was R100 last year if i remember correctly.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, throttles said:

they refused to do this last year.

but then i went the following day and the big dude wasn't there and managed to get my wife an earlier start time. 

Yeah its all about who you deal with at the Expo

4 minutes ago, DieSwartGevaar said:

In previous years I have had friends re-seed at registration by showing Strava rides (They will look at distance and average speed of the activity).

How is this even a thing?? hahahaha

All my long rides(3hrs plus) are done as Z2 coffee rides and all my interval sessions and torque sessions etc are short distances and max 2hr rides and i finish with like a 21km/h average but those rides are 1000 times harder than a 4hr weekend ride where I finish with maybe 27km/h. My mate who rides in the Elite bunch is the same, never checks strava average speed etc, He is much stronger and faster than any of the guys doing 100km+ training rides at a 30+ average.

I guess now it makes sense as to why when we are stopped as a bunch at robots then some groups coming flying past refusing to stop, Only for us to catch them further up the road or dragging themselves up the climbs and riding away from eachother LOL. I guess those are the ones seeded from Strava but on Edinburgh look like they're in the last week of the TdF going up the Alps.

There's just so many variables to a fast average speed ride on Strava like traffic, weather, robots etc etc, Just does my head in how they could seed guy using this method.

3 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Team time trial pulling all the elites and we finish at the back of the pack sub 2h30? But Racetec will use an adjusted winning time of 2h05 and a beta of 0.9 to still screw us...

Well - I finished a few seconds after $'s winner in the 99er which is a clear as daylight indication that the route was too easy and the field too weak...

So they are not screwing you they are helping you by keeping the useless wheelsuckers like me out of $ at the CTCT 🤣

6 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Well - I finished a few seconds after $'s winner in the 99er which is a clear as daylight indication that the route was too easy and the field too weak...

🤣

Technically the REAL winnder was from the A bunch though👀

3 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

So they are not screwing you they are helping you by keeping the useless wheelsuckers like me out of $ at the CTCT 🤣

Problem is that with 99er the elites were racing each other (and a lot of folks were absent due to nationals) so there were a lot of looking around and soft pedalling, I'm suggesting we race the clock at TdPPA. But it will most likely not be a viable strategy to improve my 6.1 index since they'll adjust seeding so no-one gets a good seeding from it.

Problem is getting them to acknowledge that I belong in $, which involves first figuring out why I was seeded in & with the 50+ racers and that is not a process that I want to go and do at the expo and spend the next few weeks not knowing what the outcome will be... 😫

I'm 100% cool with how they degrade old races with penalties. The days of people getting a good seeding and maintaining it year on year by wheelsucking to the bottom quarter of the group 10minutes back each year are long gone now.

The people who take the effort to do bike races should be rewarded. Opening it up to strava warriors is silly. If you want a good seeding, support the smaller races. win win win for everyone.

ps. the only seeding races i have are ctct 21 and 22, my own fault for not being more organised and i'm happy with that

4 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Problem is getting them to acknowledge that I belong in $

Personally I believe everyone who goes to SA National Road Champs and races in the Elite bunch and can realistically hold their own, should automatically be in $. I mean imagine you finished top 15 at SA road champs in the Elites then at CTCT world champs you are essentially "downgraded".

Makes no sense really.

2 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I'm 100% cool with how they degrade old races with penalties. The days of people getting a good seeding and maintaining it year on year by wheelsucking to the bottom quarter of the group 10minutes back each year are long gone now.

The people who take the effort to do bike races should be rewarded. Opening it up to strava warriors is silly. If you want a good seeding, support the smaller races. win win win for everyone.

ps. the only seeding races i have are ctct 21 and 22, my own fault for not being more organised and i'm happy with that

I too support this, but only if finishing with the front group of $ at CTCT + 6 penalty is still good enough for getting into $ the next year. I do all the smaller races and finish with the front group (or sometimes ahead of them in the breakaway) and never get anything better than a 6 out of it. If they tell my 6.1 is not good enough then how am I suppose to get a seeding that is good enough?

Here's to hoping it's all a license lookup error and they'll fix it with the next seeding run...

7 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Problem is that with 99er the elites were racing each other (and a lot of folks were absent due to nationals) so there were a lot of looking around and soft pedalling, I'm suggesting we race the clock at TdPPA. But it will most likely not be a viable strategy to improve my 6.1 index since they'll adjust seeding so no-one gets a good seeding from it.

Problem is getting them to acknowledge that I belong in $, which involves first figuring out why I was seeded in & with the 50+ racers and that is not a process that I want to go and do at the expo and spend the next few weeks not knowing what the outcome will be... 😫

Please send your Suikers PB... Sub 5 and there is a chance.

8 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

I am in the & batch as the 30-39 are in that group if not seeded low enough.

1 minute ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Personally I believe everyone who goes to SA National Road Champs and races in the Elite bunch and can realistically hold their own, should automatically be in $. I mean imagine you finished top 15 at SA road champs in the Elites then at CTCT world champs you are essentially "downgraded".

Makes no sense really.

Add to that Juniors and Vets 30-39 since that is the definition of the $ bunch at CTCT.

Just now, Pure Savage said:

I am in the & batch as the 30-39 are in that group if not seeded low enough.

What is your index?
How low is low enough?

3 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Team time trial pulling all the elites and we finish at the back of the pack sub 2h30? But Racetec will use an adjusted winning time of 2h05 and a beta of 0.9 to still screw us...

I’m keen to climb onto that bus 🚌