[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

2 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Genuine qu though, because you basically reside in SA now, Do you get a general entry or still have to pay for an international entry?

I never paid for international entry. I was seeded $ for my 1st CTCT and at the time I didn't even know about licences. I had to buy one after I got seeded. Now it's the other way around 🤣

The only issue I have being foreign national is I can't race nationals (hopefully next year when I have my SA ID number I can apply for a ZA licence !

Edited by Jbr

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

So I got a response back from the PPA saying the 2023 99er was used for my seeding. I personally think they’re bullshitting because last year i had an index of 40 and i was 1C. This year my index is still 40 and I’ve been pushed down to 1F. Also have a buddy of mine that has also has an index of 40 after the 99er but hes placed in 2D which clearly means the race wasn’t used. 

Anyways, probably best to just query it at the expo.

Just check on their seeding site, you'll see which race has been used/what your index is : http://seeding.cycletour.co.za/findme.aspx?ss=2&eid=2023

Edited by Jbr

2 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

So I got a response back from the PPA saying the 2023 99er was used for my seeding. I personally think they’re bullshitting because last year i had an index of 40 and i was 1C. This year my index is still 40 and I’ve been pushed down to 1F. Also have a buddy of mine that has also has an index of 40 after the 99er but hes placed in 2D which clearly means the race wasn’t used. 

Have you checked on racetec which race they used to seed you? And also checked what your PPA index  is against your racetec index?

But I agree, Registration at The Expo will probably be a better option.

17 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

I got the same response, pre 99er my seeding index was 38, post 99er my seeding index is 32 and I got seeded into 1C. Someone I know also in 1C was seeded 42 pre 99er and 32 post 99er.

Both PPA and Racetec show that the 99er is my current seeding index.

Edited by Newbie321

17 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Thanks for this.

Clearly says on this link that they used 2022 99er for seeding. 

Rather use this link

http://results.racetec.co.za/riderseeding.aspx

I compared the two and they do say they have used different events as a seeding but the racetec one seems more accurate. 

I'm seeded 1C so far but aiming to improve it in the tour de PPA.

986685EB-8FC2-4697-870B-2087B3EB51F0.png

3707ACD4-A6A2-4F64-AA26-CE17037E1A76.jpeg

Edited by PappaWatTrap

1 minute ago, PappaWatTrap said:

Rather use this link

I compared the two and they do say they have used different events as a seeding but the racetec one seems more accurate. 

Winelands cycle race I had the hardest bonk of my life after I forgot my bottles at home.

10 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

Rather use this link

I can confirm that it's using your 34.08 index (putting you in 1C)

I have an index of 35, and I'm in 1D, so it's definitely not using your 41. 

17 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

Rather use this link

The one is your cycle tour seeding and the one is your racetec seeding - related but they do adjustments on your cycle tour seeding

The cycle tour seeding is what you want to look at if you want to know your cycle tour starting group

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

Just check on their seeding site, you'll see which race has been used/what your index is : http://seeding.cycletour.co.za/findme.aspx?ss=2&eid=2023

23 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

Rather use this link

The two links gives totally different feedback.

The "cycletour" link shows Vines&Views 2022, as well as an old 2018 Fine Breede event.

The second link, only shows the old 2018 Fine Breede event.

EDIT - interesting to see how many MTB events DONT use RaceTec ....  I certainly have done many other events.

NEITHER shows:

- 2023 Winelands, nor

- 2023 99er

2022 I was one of three ebikes that started right at the very back of the very last starting group.  "Slightly" better starting position for 2023. :P

@eddie.lubbe dankie :clap:  To those wanted the most FUN weekend to improve your seeding .... VINES AND VIEWS, 2 September

Edited by ChrisF

Hi there

How strict are they with the closing of the substitutions? I have just been through the process of "releasing" my entry but now I see that the option for someone else to take it over (substitute) closed on 15 Feb and I don't see a place to do it anywhere. Not sure what happens with my entry now? Seems like it's in limbo.

I obviously don't want to lose my entry if I can't let someone else take it over.

18 minutes ago, Lucas Swart said:

Hi there

How strict are they with the closing of the substitutions? I have just been through the process of "releasing" my entry but now I see that the option for someone else to take it over (substitute) closed on 15 Feb and I don't see a place to do it anywhere. Not sure what happens with my entry now? Seems like it's in limbo.

I obviously don't want to lose my entry if I can't let someone else take it over.

Last year similar "was said".

I ended up buying an entry first week in March.  Just to hear a few days later people were still transferring entries ....

Pity they are not consistent .... good or bad, consistency makes it easier to keep track of your real options.

29 minutes ago, Lucas Swart said:

Hi there

Get someone who wants your entry, ask this person for their racetec number and email address. 

Then email PPA/Cycletour and request them to swop the entry via email. (cc person who's taking the number)