[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

My 99er 2023 gives me a seeding index of 28. Just to benchmark this anyone got a similar index and received the ctct seeding?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/16/2023 at 9:20 AM, EJC said:

I sent them a mail asking about this now. Lets see what they say. Will post update here when/if they respond.

Got a response on this today. 

Screenshot 2023-02-18 161649.png

This seeding thing has got me a bit confused. They said on social media that if you were racing ride for sight, you won’t have a seeding yet. So was checking results on racetec when we got home and saw a tandem pairing we rode most of the way with have a # seeding and right below it is their ride for sight result. Maybe they did a late entry at registration this week but otherwise I have no explanation. 

On 2/19/2023 at 5:24 PM, Long Wheel Base said:

This seeding thing has got me a bit confused. They said on social media that if you were racing ride for sight, you won’t have a seeding yet. So was checking results on racetec when we got home and saw a tandem pairing we rode most of the way with have a # seeding and right below it is their ride for sight result. Maybe they did a late entry at registration this week but otherwise I have no explanation. 

Possibly Ride for Sight 2022 times used ?

Even January 2023 rides have not been used for CTCT2023 seeding, at least I know that Winelands 2023 was not used.

Ironically, not even my CTCT2022 is being used for seeding.  But a 2018 30km MTB event is shown on my seeding list.  Nee kyk, die lot maak glad nie sin nie ....

EDIT - CTCT2023 rule 3.8 states that ebike time obtained in CTCT events DO NOT count towards seeding ....

Screenshot_20230221_034524_SamsungNotes.jpg.59454423ac3d6508535ecd9d8e65bb91.jpg

Edited by ChrisF

On 2/17/2023 at 4:19 PM, Mamil said:

My 99er 2023 gives me a seeding index of 28. Just to benchmark this anyone got a similar index and received the ctct seeding?

Should get you 1C

On 2/17/2023 at 4:12 PM, 'Dale said:

Please sign the petition to have @Jbrseeded in the $ group here:

_________________________. 

Undersigned by BikeHubMedia

Image-13.png

@bleedToWin... 
- 2nd step Western Cape Champs Vets A;

- 3rd step yesterday for Vets A PE Herald.

... & yet only good enough for & group.

1 hour ago, Akon said:

@bleedToWin... 
- 2nd step Western Cape Champs Vets A;

- 3rd step yesterday for Vets A PE Herald.

... & yet only good enough for & group.

Both not racetec events and vets cat (so unfortunately not rewarded the same anyways, despite the racing not often being easier)

we have very similar index so we're in the same boat, and I know guys with a higher index AND older than us in @ so it makes 0 sense.

Here's the answer I got from info@cycletour

The & category is for 50+ vets and riders who did not have strong enough results for the elite category. Your index needs to be 2 or less for qualify for the Elite cat.

The win at durbie dash is 2.76, so the 2 guys in SA that have a sub 2 index will have a lot of fun on race day (maybe the winner of 100 miler (Sid) and 947 ??), and it will be nice to watch on live stream too...

Edited by Jbr

13 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Both not racetec events and vets cat.

he has a very similar index to me we're in the same boat, and I know guys with a higher index AND older than us in @ so it makes 0 sense.

The & category is for 50+ vets and riders who did not have strong enough results for the elite category. Your index needs to be 2 or less for qualify for the Elite cat.

The win at durbie dash is 2.76, so the 2 guys in sa that have a sub 2 index will have a lot of fun on race day...

I'll leave these three statements, without further comment:

- I am 57 years old;

- I've been seeded in &;

- There are leagues (and leagues ) between me, @bleedToWinand @Jbr;

- (OK, a bonus one) My FTP is probably very low Z2 for them...

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

Both not racetec events and vets cat (so unfortunately not rewarded the same anyways, despite the racing not often being easier)

we have very similar index so we're in the same boat, and I know guys with a higher index AND older than us in @ so it makes 0 sense.

The win at durbie dash is 2.76, so the 2 guys in SA that have a sub 2 index will have a lot of fun on race day (maybe the winner of 100 miler (Sid) and 947 ??), and it will be nice to watch on live stream too...

So if I understand this correctly. If you did not have a racing licence you would be starting in @ as it is 40-49 + Seeded and you would then have fallen under the seeded part? I might be misunderstanding.

Edited by EJC

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

Just curious - do you know many people that are already seeded in $? It seems to me that the $ might not be sorted out yet? And if this is the situation for you I am sure there are a number of strong riders unhappy not to be seeded in $

I remember a few years back there was a hubber with a seeding index of zero and a racing license that also wasn't initially seeded in $, obviously there were a lot of angst on the CTCT thread but in the end he had it easily sorted at registration.