Poor Poor form Meerendal Wine Estate

Richard84

Yes and using the bikes they hate for exposure...I want to speak to the owner to see what his problem is. If anyone has his number please share. He was not available today.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Richard84 said:

This wine estate do not have a secure place to store bicycles and they refuse to allow you too keep them in your room. They canceled my booking on the eve of my trip there as I expressed dissatisfaction at their plain refusal to assist their guests and make a plan. I do not recommend them at all. What a disgrace.

They had invested so much in being a MTB destination. I'm really surprised to see they have thrown this all away.

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

For an effective and hard hitting punch please also inform the epic office of this poor service….<pours another Aberlour>

I wish I had that power...but really would like to have a discussion with this owner. 

8 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

They had invested so much in being a MTB destination. I'm really surprised to see they have thrown this all away.

arrogance 

Just now, Richard84 said:

arrogance 

he'll probably rugby tackle Nino if he parks his bike wrong

48 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Meerendal is ironically the epilogue/start of the 2023 cape epic 😅

8 minutes ago, 117 said:

Reminds me of a previous meme about the epic. I guess we could next level it? 

Lumii_20221007_181707815.jpg.eac781b574140fd973de69fa1ba0a7d7.jpg

Too soon? 

hahahahaha yes its actually wines to whales at 105 k

3 hours ago, Richard84 said:

I'm from JHB so need some clarification on the humour please haha

The Epic has been perceived as elitist over the last decade. The okes with the fat wallets were being pandered to. It's become a bit of a dick measuring contest.

Meerendal is seemingly doing the same.

Trust me, their trails are rubbish by comparison to what else is on offer very close by and you're not really missing out by not staying there.

It is poor form of them to treat you the way they did but I'm not really surprised.

7 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

The Epic has been perceived as elitist over the last decade. The okes with the fat wallets were being pandered to. It's become a bit of a dick measuring contest.

Meerendal is seemingly doing the same.

Trust me, their trails are rubbish by comparison to what else is on offer very close by and you're not really missing out by not staying there.

It is poor form of them to treat you the way they did but I'm not really surprised.

yes for sure. I am just coming down to ride the trails. I have booked better accommodation in Stellenbosch so Meerendal and it'd small dicked owner can go f themselves 

30 minutes ago, Richard84 said:

yes for sure. I am just coming down to ride the trails. I have booked better accommodation in Stellenbosch so Meerendal and it'd small dicked owner can go f themselves 

Please tell me you were not planning on staying at Meh-rendal only to ride the Stellenbosch trails. There's no comparison.

In Stellenbosch you've got 

Jonkershoek 

Banhoek 

Plasier se Merlé 

Hellsend 

Boschendal 

And on and on and on 

At Meerendal you've got perhaps The Kakkest trail in South Africa.

Edited by Robbie Stewart
Removing pages of white space

4 hours ago, Jbr said:

don't really get the joke either, but it is sad that this estate used to be such a nice place for the weekend rides, and to stay for a post ride beer, now we are not even welcome there anyone, and the trails are far from what they once were, despite the efforts of TBMC

Uhm ... I rode these trails this afternoon.

The trails are in GOOD condition.

Even a NICE new section at the end 👍👍

The only issue, on various of the farms, the mostert bossies is hard up against the trails.

As for the management's approach to cyclists .... 2017 they were PRO cyclists.  Even with a bike workshop.

2018 I had my birthday there, cycled the route with friends, then met up with the family and friends at the restaurant.

Then the cyclists had to park outside ...

Then the cyclists were not allowed to take their bikes to the restaurants.

This is very much done with the full support of management.

Our cycling journey started at Meerendal .... very sad to have seen this shift in their business model.

14 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Please tell me you were not planning on staying at Meh-rendal only to ride the Stellenbosch trails. There's no comparison.

In Stellenbosch you've got 

Jonkershoek 

Banhoek 

Plasier se Merlé 

Hellsend 

Boschendal 

And on and on and on 

At Meerendal you've got perhaps The Kakkest trail in South Africa.

no was doing Stellenbosch from Tuesday so was going to do Tygerberg for a few days...haha cool thanks for the advice

3 minutes ago, Richard84 said:

no was doing Stellenbosch from Tuesday so was going to do Tygerberg for a few days...haha cool thanks for the advice

I do believe the one issue with the Tygerberg trails is that you need an annual permit to ride all of it.  The day permits really restrict your options ....  at least you can now take out a reduced fee membership for the last 6 months of the year.

2 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I do believe the one issue with the Tygerberg trails is that you need an annual permit to ride all of it.  The day permits really restrict your options ....  at least you can now take out a reduced fee membership for the last 6 months of the year.

I even bought a permit!! 

11 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

The trails are in GOOD condition.

I'm sure the trail itself is in good condition, but overall it's a very boring trail. It is good for beginners and that is it. I started my MTB riding there but I've not been back since maybe 2018. 

There are MUCH better trails in Cape Town. The elitist crap from that farm is blown entirely out of proportion. Their trails are not so good to justify their attitudes. I agree with the general opinion that they might as well shove it and depart from being a MTB destination. They're truly not that special.