Tygerberg MTB club newsletter - unacceptable

MORNE

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brage Vestavik is the pro I most admire. He just quietly goes about his business and lets his riding do all the talking. I suppose we can all take a leaf out of his book.

But how long before there's a resurgence of riding in jean pants? I'm going to lie if I say I'm not intrigued.

4 hours ago, Rock Guy said:

You weren't at Bloemendal on Saturday riding the Flow Trail by any chance?

2 weeks ago I was, yes. Saturday past I was doing rinse and repeat on the Hammer and the Skills Park.

4 hours ago, Thermophage said:

I'll bet he doesn't get bitched at for walking up a trail to session it 😇

I was quite surprised to see that in that newsletter. I have an email somewhere from a couple of years back, when I was a member asking if this was allowed. I was told it is allowed and, wait I need to find the email.

Just now, Eddy Gordo said:

I was quite surprised to see that in that newsletter. I have an email somewhere from a couple of years back, when I was a member asking if this was allowed. I was told it is allowed and, wait I need to find the email.

Ag it just shows clear non-understanding of MTB IMO.

52 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

51 minutes ago, Thermophage said:

Ag it just shows clear non-understanding of MTB IMO.

It was just for the day of the launch, as they expected the flow trail to be extremely busy (which it was)

Under correction here, as it is how I understood it.

3 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Brage Vestavik is the pro I most admire. He just quietly goes about his business and lets his riding do all the talking. I suppose we can all take a leaf out of his book.

But how long before there's a resurgence of riding in jean pants? I'm going to lie if I say I'm not intrigued.

Johannes von Klebelsberg retired in 2020 to have to focus on other priorities, he was the last one im aware of 

14 hours ago, Wannabe said:

It was just for the day of the launch, as they expected the flow trail to be extremely busy (which it was)

If only...

18 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

If Aaron Gwin can win a DHI without a chain then surely some hipster can top10 in levi's/emme/vans/place your brand here.

I have done a argus cycle tour in jeans, this seems way easier.

edit:

i think we have found the Friday thread. lekker moermekaar julle

Edited by Shebeen

16 hours ago, Wannabe said:

Nope,  nothing to do with the launch. I asked about a very specific part of a trail to which I was told it is possible. Something like 3 or 4 years ago.

I was at contermans this morning. Everything is very very smooth. Most rocks removed... Too beginner even for me with my not yet recovered broken hand.

I threatened to PK a cow but my threat didn't make a dent in its bovine indifference. 

I didn't see anybody and so didn't get PKd.

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

I was at contermans this morning. Everything is very very smooth. Most rocks removed... Too beginner even for me with my not yet recovered broken hand.

I threatened to PK a cow but my threat didn't make a dent in its bovine indifference. 

I didn't see anybody and so didn't get PKd.

......but.....but......cows are mamils too..........or are the mamals? It's hard living with lysdexia! 🤪