Does anyone know the chap who rides the tri spoke SS around The Peninsula/Muizenberg?

Jewbacca

As per the title, does anyone know this guy and what his deal is?

I just had the most bizarre, abusive experience with him which was quite unnerving.

He was doing circle laps on the pavement outside Knead and I asked him 'hey man, what ratio are you riding?' as it looked pretty solid... He rode off swearing at me and waving his hands, so I kept walking. He then rode up to me from behind while I was heading down the alley and shouted 'I don't play games! I will bury you!' and some other weirdly threatening obscenities. 

It was utterly bizarre. 

I just wondered if anyone knew him and what his buzz was. I had my 3 year old with me and his behaviour was a bit unsettling.

12 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I just had the most bizarre, abusive experience with him which was quite unnerving.

He was doing circle laps on the pavement outside Knead and I asked him 'hey man, what ratio are you riding?' as it looked pretty solid... He rode off swearing at me and waving his hands, so I kept walking. He then rode up to me from behind while I was heading down the alley and shouted 'I don't play games! I will bury you!' and some other weirdly threatening obscenities. 

It was utterly bizarre. 

I just wondered if anyone knew him and what his buzz was. I had my 3 year old with me and his behaviour was a bit unsettling.

don't touch him on his ratio, I guess?

42 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

'hey man, what ratio are you riding?'

saying this to myself a few times I can 100% see it being misheard as

"hey bro, watch where you are riding"?

Thats all i can think. That or he's a psychopath.

Should have dished out some #BurmJustice 

Edited by MORNE

7 minutes ago, MORNE said:

saying this to myself a few times I can 100% see it being misheard as

"hey bro, watch where you are riding"?

Thats all i can think. That or he's a psychopath.

Should have dished out some #BurmJustice 

Wow you're right haha

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

It was utterly bizarre. 

Actually met this exact guy 1 day at The Pantry in Tokai. A buddys wife who was with us, knows him through her Dad and he does have some medical condition. He was going off at a mate when he told us he was buying a full rear disk for the upcoming CTCT and we told him it's not allowed, in a very polite way, So he went absolutely nuts and also starting getting verbally abusive.

A Good few years ago (like 10) He used to ride Tri Spokes front and back and used to fly down past Vida in Camps Bay till the Police station, turn back and coming flying back past just till he got up the hill, then repeat, For hours, Mainly because there were other cyclists there we assumed and he wanted to look "cool" I guess, LOL.

But yes again, He does have a medical condition (mental type), Obviously not bad enough to keep him off his bike though.

On Sat and Sunday mornings, You will find him at The Pantry with the very nice bunch of guys who have coffee post ride, Majority are quite old guys. They're not a club, Not part of The Life Cycle group, But do park at the Tokai junction and ride from there.