Tour de France 2024

'Dale

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

As well as the ability to have recovered from injury AND actively recover through 3 weeks of racing for that last day ITT.

No mid stage champagne and neutral ride into Paris this year. The race of truth into Nice. 33.7km of full gas racing. 

It will be a nice change to the procession into Paris and the Crit race that follows, especially if GC is tight.

songs of 1989???

Ride on Time by Black Box

Too many Broken hearts by Jason Donovan

Edited by DieselnDust

I don’t reckon Jonas should do the TDF, his recovered but is he truly ready to race or is this Visma trying to square off and salvage this season? Jonas going Racing is… all PR. I wish we could see him at his best but that will have to wait for 2025.*
* this is course are based on mY own opinion and no “AI” generated content.😅

14 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Is Bovine Colostrum the new rage? Why is it in the conversation?

It was just a conspiracy theory that got a little out of hand during the tour last year

i won't spam this place with the wall of text that is the "investigation"

tl;dr ---- There are MANY ties between TJV and Vingegaard to bovine colostrum. Bovine colostrum has been found to have performance enhancing benefits, specifically in cyclist performance in time trials. Colostrum is NOT on the WADA prohibited list although it is discouraged.

1 hour ago, peepeekaitjie said:

It was just a conspiracy theory that got a little out of hand during the tour last year

i won't spam this place with the wall of text that is the "investigation"

tl;dr ---- There are MANY ties between TJV and Vingegaard to bovine colostrum. Bovine colostrum has been found to have performance enhancing benefits, specifically in cyclist performance in time trials. Colostrum is NOT on the WADA prohibited list although it is discouraged.

If it's not banned, it's a bit like creatine or spending 58000000dollars on a wind tunnel so you can work on saving 0.2 watts per 100km on socks.

These guys are all smashing stem cell infusions and a whole heap of stuff 'not illegal' (yet) that pales in comparison to some cow milk infused smoothie.

12 hours ago, betaboy said:

I don’t reckon Jonas should do the TDF, his recovered but is he truly ready to race or is this Visma trying to square off and salvage this season? Jonas going Racing is… all PR. I wish we could see him at his best but that will have to wait for 2025.*

It will be interesting to see what kind of shape he is in. The tour starts with a extremely difficult stage that could already have a big GC impact, so he won't be able to ease back into racing at all. It could all be over for him by the first stage. 

That being said, they have Jorgensson and Kuss that could potentially fight for a podium spot. I hope we see Jonas well recovered and race ready, he won the tour by 7min so if he is only at 95% he will still be very competitive. 

Nothing will be better than seeing the top 4 in a dog fight for the yellow. Will Carapaz be the dark horse? 

On 6/20/2024 at 1:50 PM, peepeekaitjie said:

Jonas Vingegaard will ride the 2024 Tour de France, Visma-Lease a Bike tells B.T.

The final decision has been made after two months of rehabilitation following the dramatic crash in the Tour of the Basque Country, where Jonas Vingegaard broke a collarbone, cracked several ribs and punctured his lung.

And it certainly hasn't been an easy time, the reigning Tour de France winner admits:

"The last few months have not been easy, but I want to thank my family and my team for their unwavering support. We have worked together to get here and I'm looking forward to finding out where I stand," Jonas Vingegaard says in a press release and continues:

"I feel good and am very motivated."

This gives the Dane the opportunity to defend his double Tour de France victory against arch-rival Tadej Pogacar, a fact that earns the respect and delight of his boss, Sports Director Merijn Zeeman.

"I'm very proud of Jonas and our entire coaching team. He is coming back from a serious injury. In the last few weeks he has shown that he is a great champion - both mentally and physically," he says, emphasizing that you should not have too high expectations of the Dane:

We don't know how far it goes yet. We are cautious because he has not yet been able to race. And because his preparation has been far from ideal. But he's there - healthy and motivated."

Jonas Vingegaard will be joined at the Tour de France by perhaps the world's best support rider - Wout van Aert.

The Belgian had his season plans shattered with a serious crash in Dwars door Vlaanderen and had to withdraw from the Giro d'Italia. Now he's ready to support Jonas Vingegaard

"Of course this wasn't the plan, but with my progress in recent weeks, this was my wish and the team has agreed. Our big goal is to drive Jonas to a top position in the classification. I want to contribute to that on this strong team," says the Belgian.

Visma - Lease a Bike's team for the Tour de France:

Jonas Vingegaard (Denmark, 1996)

Wout van Aert (Belgium, 1994)

Sepp Kuss (USA, 1994)

Matteo Jorgenson (USA, 1999)

Christophe Laporte (France, 1992)

Tiesj Benoot (Belgium, 1994)

Jan Tratnik (Slovenia, 1990)

Wilco Kelderman (Netherlands, 1991)

Shew that is a proper team to bring the fight to Poggie who is the outright favourite.

Nevermind hoping Visma are all fit and ready to go, I hope they all manage to stay on their bike for the full 3 weeks. 

Should be a cracker. Dont think Remco or Rog has the squad to match UAE or Visma power.

16 hours ago, betaboy said:

This is interesting. Could you provide more substantive information behind your opinion. 

I saw no comic sans or italics, so I'm genuinely curious

1 hour ago, Spinnaroonie said:

Yes, the man himself. 

All that "jiffy bag" medicine finally starting to go to his head.