Tour de France 2024

'Dale

1 hour ago, devocean said:

Was up here this time last year. Incredible mountains!

image.png.d616bd19fdaec281385ed3913f9856e8.pngimage.png.ceb5f70f0ba618d9af8ee165567fb4c5.png

Visiting the high mountain gods - priceless 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

#willsircavmakethetecut

36:11, less than 2-mins to spare

22 minutes ago, Frosty said:

36:11, less than 2-mins to spare

What happened? Made it?

3 hours ago, devocean said:

Was up here this time last year. Incredible mountains!

image.png.d616bd19fdaec281385ed3913f9856e8.pngimage.png.ceb5f70f0ba618d9af8ee165567fb4c5.png

Yup, my favourite to date. Although bonette was probably nicer to climb and descend, but the views on Galibier... wow

Pidcock GC ambitions died a horrible death today. Over 12min down already.

Vinegar showed signs of laboured pedalling. As his pedalling cadence slowed the Pog attacked . Took 12 second out of Vinegar in 1000m and a further 33 on the descent. The Dane needed help to get to the line and then got dropped by Evenpools and the Rock in the last 200m. All the fighting talk in the world can’t hide the fact he’s not where he needs to be. Fourteen days se voet. Hinault was right. 
Brembo looks most likely to challenge

the Rocklic is riding a smart race so far. Didn’t appear to panic when he dropped , just ride his tempo and caught back up on the descent and did so without crashing. I was suitably impressed. If anyone is riding themselves in, it’s the Rog.

48 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Pidcock GC ambitions died a horrible death today. Over 12min down already.

Vinegar showed signs of laboured pedalling. As his pedalling cadence slowed the Pog attacked . Took 12 second out of Vinegar in 1000m and a further 33 on the descent. The Dane needed help to get to the line and then got dropped by Evenpools and the Rock in the last 200m. All the fighting talk in the world can’t hide the fact he’s not where he needs to be. Fourteen days se voet. Hinault was right. 
Brembo looks most likely to challenge

the Rocklic is riding a smart race so far. Didn’t appear to panic when he dropped , just ride his tempo and caught back up on the descent and did so without crashing. I was suitably impressed. If anyone is riding themselves in, it’s the Rog.

Eish 

Cut the oke that broke some ribs, dislocated a shoulder and punctured a lung just a short while ago, some slack. He literally only lost a few seconds to poggie who even himself admits he is in the form or his life.

I think Jonas has been has exceptional so far, yes only a few day in but it could have been over already had he cracked completely and lost minutes.

Bar injury, can only see him improving as tour goes on.

7 hours ago, babse said:

Eish 

Cut the oke that broke some ribs, dislocated a shoulder and punctured a lung just a short while ago, some slack. He literally only lost a few seconds to poggie who even himself admits he is in the form or his life.

I think Jonas has been has exceptional so far, yes only a few day in but it could have been over already had he cracked completely and lost minutes.

Well today will probably determine who will will this debate...you or DnD. I do agree that the Anchovy has done amazingly well considering his injuries.

TP should stick to XCO 😀

Not sure if Jonas has the “big bang” but maybe if he was the one who put the hammer down, instead of having to chase, he could have set the tempo and controlled things a bit himself.

9 hours ago, babse said:

Dunno hey. My money is on him defending well until fatigue hits in week 3 and we get a repeat of last year (just teams flipped) with him going on Visma radio "I'm done. I'm dead." 

10 minutes ago, Dazshell said:

Not sure if Jonas has the “big bang” but maybe if he was the one who put the hammer down, instead of having to chase, he could have set the tempo and controlled things a bit himself.

The counter would have been devastating. He played his cards sensibly, limiting the losses of a losing hand.

That descending contest in the finalé was absolutely hair raising especially with no guard rails on the Galibier. 

Jonas’s grit and courage is very admirable. Pogačar’s audacity and flair so magical and he broke Pinot’s Lautaret-Galibier KOM by a few minutes. 

Roglič and Remco still in the mix too, making for a very thrilling contest for the GC podium.

May the break stay away today. However, Philipsen and the other pure sprinters are still desperate for that opening win and would want to sabotage any breakaway efforts.

Pic: @Rouleur

IMG_8031.jpeg