2022 Virgin Active Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question: Someone picked up my goodie bag and I notice it contains a race number board to attach to your seat post. I was also issued a race board last year and that number I could use to query my entry. I was under the impression we had to re-use last year's race number? Or should I use the one in my goodie bag?

Edited by pedal menace

13 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

Quick question: Someone picked up my goodie bag and I notice it contains a race number board to attach to your seat post. I was also issued a race board last year and that number I could use to query my entry. I was under the impression we had to re-use last year's race number? Or should I use the one in my goodie bag?

If you're in the licensed groups, you would have received a board in the envelope matching the bib number.  According to CSA you then have to mount both your timing board as well as the board with your bib number on your bike.

If the board you received is another timing board, i.e. 2nd timing board, then go to the site below and type in your name and surname, and see which one is linked to your name for the event.

https://ridejoburg.co.za/starttimes/

3 minutes ago, agilwolf said:

If you're in the licensed groups, you would have received a board in the envelope matching the bib number.  According to CSA you then have to mount both your timing board as well as the board with your bib number on your bike.

If the board you received is another timing board, i.e. 2nd timing board, then go to the site below and type in your name and surname, and see which one is linked to your name for the event.

https://ridejoburg.co.za/starttimes/

Awesome - perfect feedback! Thank you!

22 minutes ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Can anybody recommend a route to nasrec from rosebank side? The N1 was chock full last year and I would love a less stressful journey. 

Ride your bike there…

1 hour ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Can anybody recommend a route to nasrec from rosebank side? The N1 was chock full last year and I would love a less stressful journey. 

Why I didn't enter this year. It was a complete bloody circus. 

20 minutes ago, Frosty said:

For many years (18 for me) us okes from da Souf had to trek North for the event. Now it’s around the corner for us, and the okes for the North have to feel the schlep we’ve endured for years. 

Eggzackery 

On 11/18/2022 at 6:31 AM, TheoG said:

Same here, I abandoned just before the race, was sitting in the parking lot contemplating and then decided its not worth it to put myself & bike through that ... 😁

Wise man. Least you went! 🤣

Today was not the day. 
Started with Frosty, the plan was to stick with him to a sub3. 
it lasted 7km and I was done. 
I have not suffered in a race like this for a long time, zero power in the legs, nose running the entire time resulting in me having coughing fits every now and then. I’m still coughing. 
I guess the last few days HRV being lower than normal was an indication of the body fighting something. 

Somehow I managed to continue, stopped for short breaks a few times, but could not put the effort in to stick to groups as they passed me. 

2 minutes slower than last year is more an indication of the training I put in rather than the race being good. 

sub 3 I’m coming for you next year. 

1B627F3A-CE34-41BC-80B3-C94EBDBE87BD.jpeg.feb13b1da8d55bf211253bdfd4492cb6.jpeg

Well done 👏👏👏👏😊🥇🥇to all who organized the 94,7 - it was brilliant and fantastic fun! 😊🏆🏆🏆🏆👏👏😎 It was fabulous and realy good to see normal people with no masks 😷 having fun and not forced to conform.  The race was fun a lot of climbing in the last 50% part.  There will be those who moan, ignore the moaning it was a true privilege to ride in this fantastic race. Well done JMPD and JHB. What a happy great day in the saddle ! Well done to 94,7 and Virgin and all other sponsors! 

Edited by Ridetorelax
Grammar

My 12th one but the first time riding this route, extremely well organized and roads were well marked and safe as far as I could see. Definitely a route to leave something in the tank for the last half! Well done to all organizers and cyclists.