2022 Virgin Active Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

I wonder how they got the seeding so screwed up.

I foresee alot of chaos on the day.

That why I will just ride my own race and try and avoid all the mess

2 hours ago, gerrit_c said:

Hi all, is anyone else still struggling with the reseeding? I only received my start time yesterday, so 3 days after re-seeding officially closed. They put me in MM after I started B last year and finished 03:12 - I was aiming to get back to sub 3 this year. They reseeded me to J and I re-submitted, but since then they are quiet on WhatsApp and email. Anyone with a similar experience?

Also asked for a re-seeding and not a squeek & they are also not responding to emails.

Will give them a call later today - let us know if you hear anything

7 hours ago, gerrit_c said:

Hi all, is anyone else still struggling with the reseeding? I only received my start time yesterday, so 3 days after re-seeding officially closed. They put me in MM after I started B last year and finished 03:12 - I was aiming to get back to sub 3 this year. They reseeded me to J and I re-submitted, but since then they are quiet on WhatsApp and email. Anyone with a similar experience?

They were pretty quick with me, moved up from EE to N. I contacted them via Whatsapp.

19 hours ago, Sandro said:

They were pretty quick with me, moved up from EE to N. I contacted them via Whatsapp.

Thanks for the tip - organisers ignored my online request & emails - but at least I got a response from the whatsapp.

They are "experiencing a high volume of re-seeding requests and will get to my request in time". From the posts on here and on social media it appears the seeding is somewhat of a stuff-up this year..

3 hours ago, silkman said:

Looking for a video of the route. Youtube only has the old route.

TIA

There is a guy on Youtube Neville (Someone) that did a nice video

17 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Was going to say the same thing.

There might also be a guy from the Almost Elite team; he posted a video from the Amashova.

1 hour ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Thanks - will look for it and post a link if I find it 

I'm coming from out of the country and staying in Sandton. With the road closures I'm unsure of how to get to the start. 

Can someone advise on the quickest route from central Sandton. 

Thanks. 

Just now, Mansoor said:

I'm coming from out of the country and staying in Sandton. With the road closures I'm unsure of how to get to the start. 

Can someone advise on the quickest route from central Sandton. 

Thanks. 

Take the western bypass N1

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sandton+City,+83+Rivonia+Rd,+Sandhurst,+Sandton,+2196/Nasrec,+Johannesburg+South,+2147/@-26.1597198,27.9905589,11z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m2!1m1!1s0x1e95732d7abaa2bb:0x6e3b5ac49f8d784b!1m2!1m1!1s0x1e95090e4120473f:0x2fcaf3c7afbca59!3e0!5i2?hl=en-za

Is there anyone that have a GPX file for the MTB route please?

Edited by TheoG

9 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Is there anyone that have have a GPX file for the MTB route please?

Theo, I'll send you one in a few min

How does the kiddies race work? is there number collection, ect?

The website isn't very clear - or should I expect comms closer to the time? 

( first time entering the young one )

Clearly entries must be down on previous years as got a mail yesterday that they have reopened entries for an additional R50 late entry penalty fee.

Seeding has been a right royal F..up this year. Two mates of mine, one who finished last year in +/- 4hrs is seeded in D and the other who finished in just over 3hrs is seeded in M. Makes no sense whatsoever.