[Event] Paarl Enduro

ChristiaanSt

19 minutes ago, Warren Melissa Go Riding said:

Keen to organize a group ride there on the 3rd if anyone is keen? Happy to do the lite stages and or the the full ;)

I might be keen to join this group on the 3rd. This will be my first WC enduro so keen to check out what I'm in for. I've entered the full and I'm on an acoustic bike. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

I might be keen to join this group on the 3rd. This will be my first WC enduro so keen to check out what I'm in for. I've entered the full and I'm on an acoustic bike. 

Same here, first enduro an only second ever event... 🤭 Ill be on my accoustic 26er 👴

2 minutes ago, Warren Melissa Go Riding said:

Awesome. Lets get some peeps together and lets do this! Do you guys mind me opening this up to others?

Go for it

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

SO IT IS LATE HARVEST!!! we asked you lot on Saturday and you said no no no...so we didn't go ride it haha. 

Yep - we called it and all's we get is a "no, no, no, not that line". In hindsight we should've known. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Graham S said:

I'd like to get into some more Enduros next year but currently on my 2010 Commencal Meta 26er. Would this be a hinderance? 

5 hours ago, Headshot said:

Are they smoothish - wondering if my steel HT might be the deal for this?

I reckon you'd easily be able to do this event on a hardtail. The trails are smooth and there is not much in the way of technical obstacles. I will admit that the only unknown at present is the DH line, but it doesn't strike me as especially hard judging from the W&M vid.

18 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I reckon you'd easily be able to do this event on a hardtail. The trails are smooth and there is not much in the way of technical obstacles. I will admit that the only unknown at present is the DH line, but it doesn't strike me as especially hard judging from the W&M vid.

I see the tracks have been added. The DH line is also smoothish - I've raced it before, but takes a lot of commitment to go fast. There are variations to the line so it may avoid some of the features I suspect.

It's definitely all rideable on a hardtail. 

Any idea of time frame on the day?

Like start time and whether I can do it and be back in Muizenberg by lunch time?

20 hours ago, Graham S said:

Ok awesome, watched W&M video now and looks pretty doable tbh. 

I will enter after pay day and try get a practice run in on the 3rd or 4th. Not so keen on going in blind 😅

Uhm jaaaaa ..... @Warren Melissa Go Riding  cameras tend to smooth out the trail ..... aaaaand it levels out the decents ..... :P

35 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

It's definitely all rideable on a hardtail. 

Any idea of time frame on the day?

Like start time and whether I can do it and be back in Muizenberg by lunch time?

Depends if you ride there or drive there I guess...

7 minutes ago, droo said:

Depends if you ride there or drive there I guess...

hahahahaha I can just picture you chortling while typing that.....

I'm guessing if it's a tardy 08:30 start i will be pressed for time. 3 and a half hrs to get around the course?

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

hahahahaha I can just picture you chortling while typing that.....

I'm guessing if it's a tardy 08:30 start i will be pressed for time. 3 and a half hrs to get around the course?

Yeah, and I can see you riding from Muizies to Paarl, smashing the HT category, then riding home.

Although with dad duty that'll be a bit more challenging. Also you may need to put gears on.

I see there is now a big shuttle day hosted by Hell Send on the 3rd at Plaisir.... I've never been there before so debating the shuttle day and then just going blind into the enduro on the 10th 👀