What events are you doing in 2023?

Mamil

Looking into the year and lining up my 2023 riding goals and itinerary and interested to hear what others have planned.

Trailseeker banhoek in January. 99er road race and tour de ppa.

Tour de cap and ctct. Eroica nova, swartberg granfondo and 36one which is the major focus of the year for me, my second one.

Edit to correct 2033 to 2023... Cos who knows what will be happening then... I'll probly be on an ebike I'm sure

Edited by Mamil
Typo

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Looking into the year and lining up my 2033 riding goals and itinerary and interested to hear what others have planned.

Trailseeker banhoek in January. 99er road race and tour de ppa.

Tour de cap and ctct. Eroica nova, swartberg granfondo and 36one which is the major focus of the year for me, my second one.

Well 2033 I'm not doing anything yet. Haven't planned that far. But next year I'm doing the trailseeker series with my son all 4 the amashova with my dad and thinking about a stage races. Depending on funds. But the berg and bush looks interesting 

My second CTCT.

My main focus is Trans Augrabies.  

Hoping more of the old Boland MTB events are back on the calendar.

Edited by ChrisF

• 1 month later...

Friends ..... :eek: :P

Here I was planning a nice MTB year ....

Then I got roped into the Winelands 102km road event .... ENJOYED it.

Now the 99er .... an early start has me worried .... o-well, I will stay well left and enjoy my ride.

Then da Argus :thumbup:

Still looking for MTB events in the Boland.....

At least these current events keeps the legs pumping and helps in prepping for the Trans Augrabies :clap:

Edit - September I am doing Vines and Views in Vredendal 👍👍

Edited by ChrisF

- The usual road races, mostly local;
- Some out-of-town MTB rides, and some local ones;
- A triple (metric) century ride. Longest ride is 232km.

Herald, CTCT, and hopefully all 5 of the Eden area crits.

Unfortunately the Amashova is just too expensive a trip from here, so I don't see that happening again.

7 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Booked a place in Saint Lary Soulan and brining 3 of my closest mates over and we gonna ride bikes and watch a stage or 2 of the Tour like lunatics on Aspin or Tourmalet. 

You don't have 3 mates. 

It’s going to be a lekker year  

CTCT

Race to the sun

Race to the sea

A 7 day tour in Spain in June

Trans Baviaan (my potential teammate is still trying to convince me)

Ride Jo’burg

Main event for me is my first Trans Baviaans, looking to do Race to the Sun, will see what other longer races pop up as well, then will do a few Trailseekers and possibly 947 road race for the first time.

I'm starting to feel worry about how quiet the organisers are about Tour du Cap. Usually we get 3 emails per week telling us how overwheelmed they are with requests to keep entries open and what not and they start throwing mad specials arounds. So far nothing, entries close tonight and I don't know if I should secure my entry now or wait to see if there's a special later....or if they cancel. Would be sad as the route is so much better than the previous editions

I'm doing a very slow CTCT this year and probably one or two of the mild Enduros.

That is the sum total of my event commitments this year. Illness, recovery and life can change how you live so quickly!

Good luck to those doing some big events. I am a little jealous but trying my best to be happy with what I have.