Nic Dlamini vs SANParks

ZeroPlay

What was the outcome of the legal action following Nic Dlamini's arm being broken by a SANParks official? I couldn't find the answer in my Google searches.

10 hours ago, ZeroPlay said:

What was the outcome of the legal action following Nic Dlamini's arm being broken by a SANParks official? I couldn't find the answer in my Google searches.

I think I get PTSD just thinking about that video. I hope the SAN parks official was sacked.

4 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

What!?

It happened a couple of years ago up in Silvermine reserve at the top of ou Kaapse in Cape Town.

1 hour ago, Kom said:

I think I get PTSD just thinking about that video. I hope the SAN parks official was sacked.

I don't wish financial ruin on anyone.

Without revisiting the debate, I hope BOTH the officials involved and Nic were educated on how to behave in an appropriate manner.

Both parties behaved like idiots

Just now, Jbr said:

mmh I'm tempted to revisit the debate based on your last sentence though...

They both did. He refused to stop when asked, said rude words and tried to ride off. That is not smart behaviour.

By stopping when a park ranger asks you to stop while on Parks land, he could have avoided the whole situation. 

Before everyone says 'How can you justify the ranger breaking his arm!!!!' read the sentence again. I am not. They were both idiots and the whole situation got out of control because they both behaved like idiots.

Educate them 

1 hour ago, Kom said:

No he wasn't, SANParks looked into the whole saga and the outcome was he was reinstated.

I don't know how they reached that decision but can only guess that they must have been pretty confident in their position to do so. 

19 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I don't wish financial ruin on anyone.

Without revisiting the debate, I hope BOTH the officials involved and Nic were educated on how to behave in an appropriate manner.

Both parties behaved like idiots

This.

No excuses for hurting someone but also failing to comply with a lawful instruction is just asking for trouble.

23 minutes ago, Jbr said:

mmh I'm tempted to revisit the debate based on your last sentence though...

Hahaha thought the same...

It's like the old "I don't mean to offend but.... then continues on to offend"

24 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

They both did. He refused to stop when asked, said rude words and tried to ride off. That is not smart behaviour.

By stopping when a park ranger asks you to stop while on Parks land, he could have avoided the whole situation. 

Before everyone says 'How can you justify the ranger breaking his arm!!!!' read the sentence again. I am not. They were both idiots and the whole situation got out of control because they both behaved like idiots.

Educate them 

So revisiting the debate again 

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Let sleeping dogs lie, Ouens. 😑

I agree. its over.
But at the same time, it would have been good if there was an official one liner somewhere explaining how it was resolved. Even if it just said that it was settled out of court and everyone learned a lesson. There were many articles over many websites and a HUGE fire on social media, only for it to all go quiet and Nick was riding again few months later and everyone was happy. There was no real conclusion to the story.

1 hour ago, splat said:

I agree. its over.
But at the same time, it would have been good if there was an official one liner somewhere explaining how it was resolved. Even if it just said that it was settled out of court and everyone learned a lesson. There were many articles over many websites and a HUGE fire on social media, only for it to all go quiet and Nick was riding again few months later and everyone was happy. There was no real conclusion to the story.

Non-disclosure agreements 😶