2 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

difficult one.

Was it the same shop?

Yes, same shop bike was bought from

18 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

Use Shield Car Wash 5 Litres for R150 +-

Even Neat it does No Harm.

this is what I use.

The one I have is rather thick to be used neat.

I have tried some or rather 2 or 3 types of bike specific cleaner. Well known brands, I prefer car wash, I know its safe and alot cheaper as well.

Op, I hope you have spoken to the owner and come to some sort of arrangement, this is a tough one. Also the owner probably gave the wrong liquid as his staff was not around(assuming).

I know I sound like a broken vinyl player but folks: 

We buy a new bike for R40k and choose to lube and wash it with bike specific products because it comes in a pretty little bottle with a nice convenient nozzle or pump action handle, yet we drive around with R700k hilux bakkies and could give a toss what shampoo the car wash uses or what oil the local dealer uses when it gets serviced. Priorities are lacking 

2 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Snip

Damage follows the negligent party . I can see no negligence on the part of the OP . Surely he entitled to trust the instructions given to him by someone who if not an expert is holding out to be one .

3 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I know I sound like a broken vinyl player but folks: 

We buy a new bike for R40k and choose to lube and wash it with bike specific products because it comes in a pretty little bottle with a nice convenient nozzle or pump action handle, yet we drive around with R700k hilux bakkies and could give a toss what shampoo the car wash uses or what oil the local dealer uses when it gets serviced. Priorities are lacking 

I drive around in a car that I could get 40k for. Beyond keeping it roadworthy and safe to drive I couldn't care what happened to it.

It sleeps outside cos I don't have a garage. 

My bikes on the other hand sleep inside, have their own pet names and get pampered with speshul ungents and soft cloths.

Priorities... In order.

I use meguiars deep crystal car wash. Seriously good stuff and cheaper than most bike specific washes. Bike specific stuff is a ripoff, and most people overwash their bikes -  and do it wrong at that.

Edited by MTBRIDER1234

Theoretically I would say the bike shop is responsible considering, but in reality you can try claim damages and odds are only the attorneys will benefit.

It's the shop's word vs the customer. 

Maybe the shop told him not to use it like Namgear and and he misunderstood and thought they said use it like Namgear. 

Just put in an insurance claim and be done with it. 

11 hours ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

I use meguiars deep crystal car wash. Seriously good stuff and cheaper than most bike specific washes. Bike specific stuff is a ripoff, and most people overwash their bikes -  and do it wrong at that.

Yip, bike wash products are crazy expensive. I only use water on my bike with a hose, never a pressure washer. I'll remove components that need degreasing and wash them separately with either dishwashing liquid or ecologic

OP it would be nice if you can upload some pictures of the damaged areas and picture of the "bike wash liquid" (even if it has no label)

we all might learn from it

How long did he wait after he applied the stuff. I normally wash, then hose off each part of what i washed, i do the same when i wash my car. Or did he wash / apply the stuff, wait a bit, then hose off, then he noticed the problem?