Really, No Epic 2023 Thread?

BMCfan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, mrcg said:

Spez finishes. Think they have a 4min lead over SRAM. SCR still more than 9min behind

Correction: SCR 11min down. Horrible luck

Some riders choose to ride in a way that has a higher or lesser risk of causing mechanicals (crashes, knocks, going off course, avoiding mud and rocks, bad shifting, etc). Largely it's plain bad luck. But assuming that a mechanical is always faultless is not correct.

14 minutes ago, babse said:

I think Scott is in trouble and spez with their tales up will go for the jugular tomorrow.

They will probably match Speed factory and ride away from them all. Who knows. Should be a cracker with a stage looking proper hard 

Speed company will be 4min behind Spez 

And 5min 30 behind Scott. 

it’s still a wide open race tomorrow 

anything is possible and that will happen

Just now, DieselnDust said:

Saw the weather forecast it showed “Red mist with a chance of vomit”

Just now, DieselnDust said:

I would wager that, barring mechanicals, anything over 3min is impossible to pull back. The riders will give their all, fully empty the tanks on the last stage. Red hot racing for sure, which will be awesome to watch. At least we should see it on stream tomorrow 

Nino will know tomorrow's trails like the back of his hand as he rides them a lot, so I would guess they will do a big push for a stage win.

Ladies: first three teams through the 54km mark. Waiting on Candice and Amy, but they are still at least 15min down.....rotten luck

Just now, dev null said:

Nino will know tomorrow's trails like the back of his hand as he rides them a lot, so I would guess they will do a big push for a stage win.

No way will N1no go for a stage win. They will only defend the lead and mark as much as possible. Main goal is to get Andri over the course in the least time possible

This will prob be Nibali's last MTB race. Rather stick to the clean road races

He didnt look happy at the finish line😄😄

Edited by Lexx

1 minute ago, dev null said:

Nino for sure. His partner...can't see him hanging in while spez and speed company are looking to kill

15 minutes ago, Nick said:

Some riders choose to ride in a way that has a higher or lesser risk of causing mechanicals (crashes, knocks, going off course, avoiding mud and rocks, bad shifting, etc). Largely it's plain bad luck. But assuming that a mechanical is always faultless is not correct.

True that! Seen it first hand so many times. Gets worse the more knackered you get.

Hoping that Andri has a better day tomorrow - he owes us one. 

Gerald announced Nino's team mate as "Tomas" Frischknicht....that might be part of the problem ...I hope Andri shows up tomorrow 

I'm not sure it was wire into SCR's RD. I think he lost a pulley?

Chris Blevins said he was behind Lukas when his derailleur pully hit the ground ..

Edited by love2fly