IndieVelo

Matu

4 minutes ago, warrencharlesza said:

They released their apple tv version, keen to try that. I havent managed to see if TrainingPeaks workouts sync.

I have been using the windows version for a very long time now and you can sync the Trainingpeaks workout of the day.  I would suspect that you can do the same with ATV if you have linked your TP account.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dexterdent said:

It is a direct competitor to zwift but worse in many ways - far less people, routes, gamification, training plans, worse graphical design, etc. Zwift racing also has no peer in my opinion.

indieVelo syncs with 3rd party training apps, eg. Intervals.icu workout of the day, whereas Zwift only does TrainingPeak (as far as I know).

18 hours ago, shaper said:

I have been using the windows version for a very long time now and you can sync the Trainingpeaks workout of the day.  I would suspect that you can do the same with ATV if you have linked your TP account.

found out you have to pay USD13 for the apple tv version. will check out the TrainingPeaks, thanks for the heads up

• 1 month later...

With today's release, for founders membership people there is a native AppleTV version available, previously only via Airplay/mirroring. It will probably be a while before it becomes available to all, but at least it is on the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really enjoying using indieVelo, but I'm finding that it drains the battery of my iPad (7th gen) really quickly. Is it just me or does anyone else experience the same? 

The iPad battery generally lasts really well so it feels like indieVelo could just be power intensive. By way of example, this morning I started at 40-50% battery, turned the brightness down in an attempt to make it last and it still died after an hour (no screen mirroring, just connected to Kickr and Polar H10 HR strap).

I have installed it on my Android tablet, but I have not ridden with it so no idea about battery life.

Maybe changing the graphics settings could make it a bit less intensive? For example reducing shadow distance.

With winter finally here I will be using IndieVelo more regularly 👍

First impressions are very positive.

Being using Indievelo for a while. One issue was the number and variety of workouts available. Discovered now that you can load any  workout build in Zwift or as we did on Golden Cheetah.

I have about 50 workouts available that can be loaded into Indievelo ( copied to a spesific directory on your computor snd Indievelo will read that) Anyone interested let me know and I can send you the files

The latest update allows using another program or device to control the trainer resistance, so using TrainerRoad, GoldenCheetah etc. to control your workout.

It also bring support for event series, it will be interesting to see how organisers use this.

• 3 weeks later...

The more I use IndieVelo the more I like it.

With MyWhoosh the computer was barely coping .... 

With IndieVelo the program starts up so quick that I dont have enough time to put on the heart strap and my shoes.

I can now even run a split screen and watch Le Tour on Netflix on the one side while running IndieVelo .... no buffering, no issues. 

At the moment for me there are three similar competitors (Zwift, Indievelo, MyWhoosh). The other Video-based ones are a different breed, you either like them or not (I REALLY don't). I also don't think workout availability is a real differentiator as all of these allow for the import of custom workouts, of which you can find 1000s online.

So, in my opinion with current pricing, there is no real competition for IV - I haven't seen anyone that has tried both prefer MW. 

But when they start charging, it will be interesting - do you go with Zwift with its expansive world, cartoony graphics, massive user base which equals good racing - but very expensive.

Or do you go with IV - likely to be a little cheaper, more "realistic" graphics but much smaller world and player base, great physics, less gamification. Killer features like gear offsetting (critical for me, as I run a gravel bike on the trainer). Racing is great but not enough people yet.

Or lastly MW, which will likely continue being free, and is not that far behind the other two - massive issue being it seems hard to run on less powerful PC's.

It might be that integration with your other platforms of choice could be the driving factor.

47 minutes ago, dexterdent said:

At the moment for me there are three similar competitors (Zwift, Indievelo, MyWhoosh). The other Video-based ones are a different breed, you either like them or not (I REALLY don't). I also don't think workout availability is a real differentiator as all of these allow for the import of custom workouts, of which you can find 1000s online.

So, in my opinion with current pricing, there is no real competition for IV - I haven't seen anyone that has tried both prefer MW. 

But when they start charging, it will be interesting - do you go with Zwift with its expansive world, cartoony graphics, massive user base which equals good racing - but very expensive.

Or do you go with IV - likely to be a little cheaper, more "realistic" graphics but much smaller world and player base, great physics, less gamification. Killer features like gear offsetting (critical for me, as I run a gravel bike on the trainer). Racing is great but not enough people yet.

Or lastly MW, which will likely continue being free, and is not that far behind the other two - massive issue being it seems hard to run on less powerful PC's.

It might be that integration with your other platforms of choice could be the driving factor.

Until MyWhoosh do not sort out the hardware requirements it will be hard to see them get a better following. I have tried it on two decent Laptops and my Iphone. Laptops could not even download what they call the "friendlier" version. Iphone graphics is horrible and the airplay did not want to cast to a tv. 

I have tried all three of them recently and Indievelo has given me the most realistic experience and I will be sticking to it. 

I got the same problem on sunday as I did on myWoosh where I join a group ride, and at some point the game decides the ride is over and saves the file. And if I continue riding, everything I do passed this point is lost. Seems like a very dumb thing to do ? Is there a setting in IndieVelo to prevent that ? Pretty sure zwift had a button after a race or event to "keep riding" or something, and it would save the rest of the data in a separate file ?

15 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I got the same problem on sunday as I did on myWoosh where I join a group ride, and at some point the game decides the ride is over and saves the file. And if I continue riding, everything I do passed this point is lost. Seems like a very dumb thing to do ? Is there a setting in IndieVelo to prevent that ? Pretty sure zwift had a button after a race or event to "keep riding" or something, and it would save the rest of the data in a separate file ?

I have not done a group ride on it yet so cannot comment but maybe drop them an email, this might be an easy fix. 

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

Seems odd - I've continued riding after a race with no issues, would be strange if a group ride is designed to behave differently.
You say the game decided the ride is over? Perhaps there was a loss of connection.

But I agree, if you email them and especially if you can provide your log file, hopefully something small.