IndieVelo

Matu

3 hours ago, Irvin85 said:

I do not ride enough to justify paying R440 for maybe 1 or 2 rides a month. 

Use the free 25Km from Zwift if it's 1 or 2 rides a month.

I manage to get 3-4 rides up the Ventop route, when doing interval training  (depending on the workout). The last ride goes beyond 25Km, then simply ends when it ends.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Use the free 25Km from Zwift if it's 1 or 2 rides a month.

I manage to get 3-4 rides up the Ventop route, when doing interval training  (depending on the workout). The last ride goes beyond 25Km, then simply ends when it ends.

Happy with Indievelo at the moment, also I try and do rides longer than that when I do ride. 

18 hours ago, Irvin85 said:

Happy with Indievelo at the moment, also I try and do rides longer than that when I do ride. 

Is it just because 25+km sounds cooler when chatting about it? Because a 10km ride with 1000m elevation hurts a LOT more than 30km ride with 100m elevation, the 30km just sounds better in casual conversation 

29 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Is it just because 25+km sounds cooler when chatting about it? Because a 10km ride with 1000m elevation hurts a LOT more than 30km ride with 100m elevation, the 30km just sounds better in casual conversation 

Facts on an early Friday ... what's the Hub coming to ... 😋

3 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Facts on an early Friday ... what's the Hub coming to ... 😋

Ja nee kyk.  At the moment I am not even trying to climb up the stairs. Doing all of my training at zone 2 or below to try and build up some fitness before doing any hard efforts. Every time I push it into the red I get ill a few days later. Been about a month now without any issues. 

1 hour ago, Irvin85 said:

Ja nee kyk.  At the moment I am not even trying to climb up the stairs. Doing all of my training at zone 2 or below to try and build up some fitness before doing any hard efforts. Every time I push it into the red I get ill a few days later. Been about a month now without any issues. 

I can relate. ...had some flu type thing end of June , kept some chest issues till Tuesday,  down with fullblown laryngitis  (according to the dr) 2024 is definitely not my year....if its not running repairs , it's some kind of bug.....even my coach is frustrated because he does not see me "suffer".... 😩😂

4 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

a 10km ride with 1000m elevation hurts a LOT more than 30km ride with 100m elevation

Not me, yet... still have a good number of 10Km (1000m) rides to get through. 🤪Completed Challenge. Message won't go away. [December 2022] [1.32] [SOLVED]  - Page 3 - Known Issues - Zwift Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been using IndieVelo for the past 2 weeks, I quite enjoy it so far, the group rides are nice, and the workouts are decent as well, just a pity there are so few options for workouts, and they are not quite as interactive as on Zwift, I quite enjoyed the messages explaining why and what you were training in specific areas of the workouts on Zwift, it will probably come with time though. The "scenery" also gets a little monotonous, everything just always looks the same, unlike Zwift where there are clear differences in the areas you are riding. Again, maybe that will come with time, but for now, it is free, and it does what it needs to do.

You can find hundreds of free workouts to download online and put them in a folder so that Indievelo can read them. Here is a single zip file with many of the zwift workouts:  https://forums.zwift.com/t/workout-refresh-october-2023/609799

They seem to have the messages built-in. I think the workout browser is great once you have enough content in your custom folder - Choose the duration you have available, choose the intensity you are looking for on the day, and then pick the prettiest / most savage graph you see.

Used Indievelo for the first time the other night. Very workable especially given the lack of costs. A lot quicker to get and keep going than mywhoosh. I am a convert

If you have an Interval.icu account, you can sync workouts from the calendar to IndieVelo. The resulting completed workout will also sync back to Intervals.icu.

Create your own workouts with the workout builder, assuming you know how.

IMG_5731.jpeg.c1260f5772d69dae74b2246bcdf9cb64.jpeg

On 8/29/2024 at 8:21 AM, dexterdent said:

You can find hundreds of free workouts to download online and put them in a folder so that Indievelo can read them. Here is a single zip file with many of the zwift workouts:  https://forums.zwift.com/t/workout-refresh-october-2023/609799

They seem to have the messages built-in. I think the workout browser is great once you have enough content in your custom folder - Choose the duration you have available, choose the intensity you are looking for on the day, and then pick the prettiest / most savage graph you see.

Sadly I am severely technologically challenged, I dont know how to do such things 🤣 maybe I shoud try learn how to do that

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question, to everyone who has used Zwift before and moved over to IndieVelo, I used my FTP number from Zwift on Indie, but I can not complete a workout on Indie, they are just way too difficult, so I checked this morning, and my estimated FTP on Indie is quite a lot lower on Indie than on Zwift, has anybody else seen or had the same thing? I put my FTP down now on Indie to what it has estimated, so hopefully I can actually finish some training rides now....

2 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Quick question, to everyone who has used Zwift before and moved over to IndieVelo, I used my FTP number from Zwift on Indie, but I can not complete a workout on Indie, they are just way too difficult, so I checked this morning, and my estimated FTP on Indie is quite a lot lower on Indie than on Zwift, has anybody else seen or had the same thing? I put my FTP down now on Indie to what it has estimated, so hopefully I can actually finish some training rides now....

In the Trainer Settings menu, at Workout Resistance Mode, is it on ERG or one of the other settings? In the other settings, the Virtual Gearing settings could have an impact.
Also test with the Compatibility Mode on or off.

I don't think the estimated FTP is used for much, maybe it is considered in the performance verification or race pen selection. Mine is about 8w lower than what TrainerRoad estimates it at, but I have not used IV for workouts yet.

1 hour ago, HdB said:

In the Trainer Settings menu, at Workout Resistance Mode, is it on ERG or one of the other settings? In the other settings, the Virtual Gearing settings could have an impact.
Also test with the Compatibility Mode on or off.

I don't think the estimated FTP is used for much, maybe it is considered in the performance verification or race pen selection. Mine is about 8w lower than what TrainerRoad estimates it at, but I have not used IV for workouts yet.

During workouts the ERG is set to give the power the workout calls for, on normal rides/group rides it is set to the work as the terrain, everything is set to 100%.

After talking with a friend I think my quad may be injured, I used to be able to hold 200watts fairly easily for around an hour, this morning the workout consisted of intervals of 5 minutes at 165 and 200 alternating, after the first block of 200 I was really hurting, and couldn't recover during the next 165 effort, so I am pretty sure I have injured/overworked my quad