CIOVITA Launches new Luxurious Vale and Odyssey Merino Jackets

News bot

Mod note: 

Let's please keep this on topic. If you want to discuss the merits of Ciovita's new additions or ask them questions by all means do so here, but please start a new thread for any broader discussion.

Thanks.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/7/2023 at 3:27 PM, LazyTrailRider said:

I beg to differ.

A high-end, proper winter jacket is a game changer. R1.2k? That only buys a good long-sleeve normal jersey these days, R2k gets you a good quality flexible windshell, but without warmth. I've had many of those, but when I got a basically new demo Spez Element 3.0 at half-price (retails for around R6k) a few years ago, I realised what I was missing.

The combination of wicking, wind resistance and skin feel of a premium jacket is hard to beat.

https://vye.co.za/collections/mens-jackets-gilets/products/mens-thermal-hurricane-jacket

I rode this yesterday, first time ever that I didn't overheat in that thing. 600bucks for a very warm jacket that seems as durable as anything else I've tried yet

I have two Icebreaker Merino garments - the one a thin thermal underlayer and the other a zipped jacket. They are not cycling specific and were bought several years ago. They are quite worn out with elbows going and are easily damaged on sharp edges. While they still do duty, there is no way they will last forever like my other synthetic fleece and base layer garments that are three times the age. Wool is simply not as durable as petroleum products which should also factor into the eco friendly calculations. Also, moths don't like fleece :-)

• 4 months later...

Thread revival .... and off-topic .... but still CIOVITA

CIOVITA - WOODSTOCK.

Shout out for some excellent service. :thumbup:

Popped in to get clarity on their sizing charts.  More specifically for their I❤️Boobies range - which I know they dont stock in-store.  Most other brands I wear XL, but their chart suggests XXL ....

"No problem.  Let me get some tops so you can try it on."

Not often you get good service when the staff knows you wont be buying in-store.

THANK YOU :thumbup:

On 7/8/2023 at 10:07 AM, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

As far as I know locally sourced merino is processed overseas. Unfortunately. 

For those complaining about price, have a look at what high quality merino t shirts cost. The mind is boggled. Fortunately you only need one (apparently it doesn't stink - that's what I tell myself when I wear the same one 5 days in a row) 

At least I'm not the one reviving this thread...

Its worse than processed overseas... it's just 'washed' overseas. The wool is sent to China to be washed and then shipped back to the mill in South Africa to be spun. The mind boggles. 

That said, I'm a huge fan of merino. I disagree that it's not durable my stuff seems to have lasted really well. Both the icebreaker kit as well as the locally (homemade) jerseys etc.