Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Two things:

1. Thanks for uploading in 60FPS

2. Respect, I would pee myself to jump like that

Can see you really have confidence on the bike while riding/jumping.

Landing is butter smooth and love your riding style.

Nice video.

Thanks Andrew!

I'm doing a lot of playing on my bike in an attempt to get my skills sorted - so that I can comfortably ride most trails blind.  It's paying off and even though my fitness is nowhere, I am having rad rides since I can carry more speed and read the trail better - getting faster times on sections now than when I was riding fitter and could pedal more.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Andrew!

I'm doing a lot of playing on my bike in an attempt to get my skills sorted - so that I can comfortably ride most trails blind.  It's paying off and even though my fitness is nowhere, I am having rad rides since I can carry more speed and read the trail better - getting faster times on sections now than when I was riding fitter and could pedal more.

Ride more with Wayne Schell / Dan Dobby / Julian Louw and others like him. He'll get you quick pretty fast. 

And agreed on the playing to get skills sorted. I need to do more of that - it's the best way I will be able to progress technically. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

3 hr endurance-tempo

A rocky mountain (pun intended)

Somewhere in Souf Efrikka

What a view. Good to know you can be fast and still enjoy it!

nox1111, on 26 Jan 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

Thanks Andrew!

What action camera do you use? 

I presume it is a GoPro 5 with a gimbal?

What action camera do you use? 

I presume it is a GoPro 5 with a gimbal?

I'm on SJCam SJ5000+ with just a chestmount and no gimbal.  Quality is very good, albeit a bit shaky every now and then, filesizes at full resolution just get a bit crazy, so I only shoot on 1280 x 720 60frames a second.  It can go up to 120frames a second on this, or 60frames a second on 1920 x 1080, or 240frames a second on lower res shooting.

beautiful pictures every one. This is my daily dose of zen. I'm so jealous of your sunshine and beautiful nature... 

I am jealous of your ( Belgium ) cycling culture and respect for cyclists, so we can all be jealous together

Edited by coppi

I'm on SJCam SJ5000+ with just a chestmount and no gimbal.  Quality is very good, albeit a bit shaky every now and then, filesizes at full resolution just get a bit crazy, so I only shoot on 1280 x 720 60frames a second.  It can go up to 120frames a second on this, or 60frames a second on 1920 x 1080, or 240frames a second on lower res shooting.

Never heard of the brand, but on their website, the cam packs some nice features. Wanting to get me a GoPro 5 later on... My DSLR is quite bulky to carry along rides and would really like to capture the moments with it. Not only for rides but when going on an adventure (if it is climbing Table Mountain, a day out with friends or even camping). Although will wait and see how things turn out.

Never heard of the brand, but on their website, the cam packs some nice features. Wanting to get me a GoPro 5 later on... My DSLR is quite bulky to carry along rides and would really like to capture the moments with it. Not only for rides but when going on an adventure (if it is climbing Table Mountain, a day out with friends or even camping). Although will wait and see how things turn out.

It's supposed to be the main competitor to GoPro, that's the reason for getting it - it was a better cam than the top of the range GoPro model when I bought it, and still is pretty much spot-on.

Wifi and back screen as standard also - so lekker features.

I am jealous of your ( Belgium ) cycling culture and respect for cyclists, so we can all be jealous together

True, we have better cycle paths and routes. Can't the Cape province employ me as a European expert to develop a cyling policy? Best of both worlds  :lol:  :P