Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Not my bike, and not a stunning location, but a stunning day. Played with my boet's GT Meatball after munching down pizzas from Franco's then went down to the fields to play some footie with my kids...  :thumbup:

post-1604-0-20819300-1436159863_thumb.jpg...

post-1604-0-58230100-1436159817_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-84589600-1436159844_thumb.jpg

It's a real fun bike to ride once you get used to the automatic hub and coaster brake combo! 

Edited by Tumbleweed

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife recently got back on the bike so I introduced her to Rosemary Hill on Saturday morning. Chilly but fun ride.

This is me on the roundabout

attachicon.gifRoundabout.jpg

and the missus on the camber bridge:

attachicon.gifCamber.jpg

Love the reflections! great pics! :thumbup:

Work on Saturday, took the bike to the heart of Sandton.

Contractors finished way earlier than expected ( am expecting either heatwave or snow) so on the way home, I took a left on William Nicol up the spruit to Emmerentia and then home from there.

As I walked into the door after my ride, I had a very eager 9 year old rearing to go for a ride.

So i changed my shirt and off we went to Heia.

post-24416-0-53119700-1436172604_thumb.jpg

And then some Berms

post-24416-0-83317800-1436172624_thumb.jpg

The trooper rode the whole blue section on his BMX.

Then Sunday, had a lekker Ride at Avianto.

Weather was spectacular, and quite warm.

post-24416-0-77618600-1436172740_thumb.jpg

post-24416-0-63067400-1436172758_thumb.jpg

Did not take any nutrition during the ride other than water, so I took some strain on the 7 climbs on Phambili side.

All in all, after this weekend's riding, I am once again reminded how lucky I am to have such awesome riding spots close to my home

Visted my parents this weekend and did a easy ride between Welkom and OD. Used to ride my bike from OD to Welkom to go and watch a movie (without my parents approval). My bike gave me so much freedom to explore and to escape from all the stuff that bothers a young teenager. 30 years later I still use my bike to explore and to escape from the stresses in the world. Amen to such a privilege.

Ps. Dit is flippen plat in die Vrystaat.post-5530-0-98247000-1436176067_thumb.jpg

Visted my parents this weekend and did a easy ride between Welkom and OD. Used to ride my bike from OD to Welkom to go and watch a movie (without my parents approval). My bike gave me so much freedom to explore and to escape from all the stuff that bothers a young teenager. 30 years later I still use my bike to explore and to escape from the stresses in the world. Amen to such a privilege.

Ps. Dit is flippen plat in die Vrystaat.attachicon.gif20150704_085633~2.jpg

Wow, I have not seen that sign in years...

Ps. Dit is flippen plat in die Vrystaat.attachicon.gif20150704_085633~2.jpg

I remember The bioscope (movies/cinema for the young folks) in Welkom.

I Think it was called The Alpha

On Stateway, just off "The Hoefie"

[emoji1]

[emoji1]

O my genugtig, The Alpha. Saw my 1st movie there. James Bond's For your eyes only. Unfortunatly, the Hoefie is not that great anymore.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd.... there'll be more by this weekend with the new Hero Adventure Park opening this weekend :clap:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/151578-hero-adventure-hobby-park/?hl=%2Bhobby+%2Bpark&do=findComment&comment=2652341

Yep,

Looking forward to this.

I have ridden the rangeview koppies before, during Silverstar Casno race, as wel as socially, and I must say i think there is quite a bit of potential there, keen to check it out as well.

Yes. But I still wish that they would sort out kings kloof. I Asked One of the hero blokes on Saturday but his reply was neither here nor there.

Unfortunately, I don't think the owner's minds are going to be changed. I am interested however to hear the reasoning behind closing of the park, even after the initial talks about Hero running the trails .

But, respect their decision, I do...as MTB Yoda would say....

[emoji1]

I have been to "Die Hoefie" when it was the main race attraction in Welkom...

Guest notmyname

Yep,

Looking forward to this.

I have ridden the rangeview koppies before, during Silverstar Casno race, as wel as socially, and I must say i think there is quite a bit of potential there, keen to check it out as well.

Unfortunately, I don't think the owner's minds are going to be changed. I am interested however to hear the reasoning behind closing of the park, even after the initial talks about Hero running the trails .

But, respect their decision, I do...as MTB Yoda would say....

Such a pity. Linking those three venues would be super awesome. I used to supply perlite to the rose farm a few years back. When I'm next in the area I'll stop in and ask some questions.

The view after a nice long 17.5 km / 685 m climb on the road bike, Lake Aegeri in the distance and the alps with some snow on them

post-182-0-64816400-1436180343_thumb.jpg

A closer view of Lake Aegeri, the lake in the right center of the top picture

post-182-0-45163300-1436180375_thumb.jpg