Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Is that the new lines they are making on the green route? The one big rock garden is seriously tough to carry speed in and without speed it goes very badly...

that's it ja, it starts just before you drop down into the forest on the old 5k.

I did the chicken run on the rock garden. that dam wall at the start was enough. luckily Jason Reed was there to lend a hand and give some tips

here's the segment https://www.strava.com/segments/11905391 

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

that's it ja, it starts just before you drop down into the forest on the old 5k.

I did the chicken run on the rock garden. that dam wall at the start was enough. luckily Jason Reed was there to lend a hand and give some tips

here's the segment https://www.strava.com/segments/11905391 

Awesome thanks. Im going to ride it this weekend, got some training to do so blood hill is calling :(

It stopped raining just long enough for some more tulip spotting today

98fc9916604149ee68b1d9a0ed25b390.jpg

8b62fee9ed72f18cb6a315416912f1e9.jpg

17a6599a721ab47678fb01f82fe1d4c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you haven't done it and are there for a bit more ensure you go to the Keukenhof at Lisse. Normally in early to mid May. It just makes any other flower show in the world look like a stable in comparison. What a marvelous time to be in Cheese Land. I remember as  a lightie flying in with my folks and when landing during flower season I was convinced that someone had painted the country different colours - it was that dramatic

If you haven't done it and are there for a bit more ensure you go to the Keukenhof at Lisse. Normally in early to mid May. It just makes any other flower show in the world look like a stable in comparison. What a marvelous time to be in Cheese Land. I remember as  a lightie flying in with my folks and when landing during flower season I was convinced that someone had painted the country different colours - it was that dramatic

We are planning to do just that. It's school holidays here so the little ones need to be entertained. Fun fact about the tulips, the ones in my photos are all going into the compost. The farmers around here are all bulb farmers so they cut the flowers off just before they open so that the bulbs can multiply. I will try to get some snaps of the pretty compost heaps as well.

We are planning to do just that. It's school holidays here so the little ones need to be entertained. Fun fact about the tulips, the ones in my photos are all going into the compost. The farmers around here are all bulb farmers so they cut the flowers off just before they open so that the bulbs can multiply. I will try to get some snaps of the pretty compost heaps as well.

Dont know how old your kids are but if they are small then take them to Madurodam in the Hague and the Evoluon in Eindhoven. Both awesome outings. Spent a lot of time in NL as my dad was Dutch.

Edited by Paul Ruinaard

no "lion" in bed  on this stunning Jozi autumn morning...

attachicon.gifIMG_2779.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2781.JPG

The Cradle MTB loop is mad fun!!!  :clap:  I absolutely love it!

Glad to see you did not make the same mistake that a fellow hubber from the free state made a while ago. I.E rest his bike against the lion fence for the photo. :whistling:

mava where are you based?

based on your handle I assume you're an ex durban boy -when did you leave SA?

mava where are you based?

based on your handle I assume you're an ex durban boy -when did you leave SA?

Left for a "holiday" in March last year, but officially left at the end of May last year.