Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Shame, tough life.  Best of luck with the separation.

This bike was sitting in my garage, freshly washed, lubed & ready to go back to PYGA after a good test period, but it looked at me with those trail riding eyes.

My willpower is unfortunately very weak & I couldn't resist the urge. I had to take the PYGA Stage MAX out for 1 more epic ride.

Tomorrow will be a sad day. But I will remember you fondly and I have a great video edit dropping to remind me of the great times we had together.

We will meet again.5d8cb689ccb4a8a4d8c717344eba7b9f.jpg

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Started to use Strava again for easier sharing. Data was slightly different compared to my Garmin's, but I don't think it is a dealbreaker.

Used tapiriik to sync all my activities. Worked like a charm, except for manually uploading three activities, but that was my fault in setting them private.

The title of the ride was: "Bad Luck!"
Indeed it was...

It all started in the morning when my friend realized he installed his oval chain ring incorrectly (the mark was not pointing to the crankarm). He quickly fixed it before we went to ride. 

Everything went smooth sailing to Majik and onto Bloemendal. Were we going down Terra and I felt slime squirting against my legs. I stopped at the mini rock garden section and checked my rear wheel. I could not see the puncture. I rode on and stopping again at the end of Terra. Still, cannot find the puncture. Four okes passed but the fifth couple stopped to help out. I replied to (Kevin) I did not know where the problem is. He was quick to help me out. A cut! Slime won't do the trick he replied. He used his last and only plug on me. Well, I was a complete noob, never used a plug in my life. But Kevin was more than willing to show me how to do it. In a matter of seconds, boom it was fixed. That easy! Big shout out to Kevin for helping me out on the trail. Would have ended in a short ride if it wasn't for him.

The bad luck doesn't stop there... We went to Bloemslang and did not realize how loose the ground was on the edge of the narrow single track, resulting me in losing control (not falling) but my friend come second, unfortunately, having a wipeout.

BUT...

"A bad day on the mountain bike always beats a good day in the office."

Photo credits: Marcel Carstens

http://i.imgur.com/CUmvuQk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NVuo8AR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/itD1hyr.jpg

Edited by Andrew_Smith

Those grins...

how many worldly problems did you solve on that Stellies ride ????

All of them.

We formed a coalition that has outlawed taking amateur racing too seriously, banned short socks and concluded that riding two abreast is sometimes ok. :P

But mostly it was just two naughty kids riding their bikes faster than normal, pretending that it was "just chilled".

Edited by Patchelicious

All of them.

We formed a coalition that has outlawed taking amateur racing too seriously, banned short socks and concluded that riding two abreast is sometimes ok. :P

But mostly it was just two naughty kids riding their bikes faster than normal, pretending that it was "just chilled".

Lekka man ????????

Well done on the universal ban of short socks, both on tar or trail. ????????????????

Lekka man

Well done on the universal ban of short socks, both on tar or trail.

No exemption for Pearl Izumi ? ;)

Being a little more experienced at road riding certainly helps...held back for the climb...used the bunches to save energy...to get momentum for the M19 downhill...tucked in and let my weight pull me past everyone...bummed I only managed to get 78 km/h.

the Edwin Swales concrete section got a little tricky at one point...the bunch was right in the middle on the worse section...I stayed at the back and made sure I could steer clear...which I did when things went pear shaped.

The climb up the M7 was a lot easier this year...easy gear...80 rpm and blowing a lot of air...got a PR for the climb to Pinetown

as I got onto the M4 the mtb race started...a52a45a034f1c361c72778c8a2862057.jpgsaw a mtber take a nasty fall...then he ran across the road in front our bunch in an attempt to clear his bottle off the road...lucky he made it.

cbea46c6d6b42c94c9842b357c7ec026.jpg