Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Love the top picture, it really tells the story of a tough ride / hike!

BTW I like the Eland avatar - they may be big, but they are amazingly nimble, and will go up, over, down and through anything and keep going forever! Just like (some) mtbikers ;)

It was an unbelievable and humbling experience... made some incredible memories and good friends.

You spot the Elands from time to time... not often... usually as you think you can't go on anymore.

post-12909-0-00411400-1387344162_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Racing the storm home yesterday evening on the Spruit. A poor photo but it was a great little ride.

post-46406-0-47576000-1387352840_thumb.jpg

Another day, more magnificent views ...

post-42706-0-69344000-1387360230_thumb.jpg

post-42706-0-36658600-1387360276_thumb.jpg

As a complete aside, I'm not sure if "Hibiscus coast" in the local parlance also contain a reference to the speed at which the local Musca domestica travels. You'll be traveling at 60kph down a hill and as soon as you slow to below 20kph, you'll have a couple of fast-moving travelers trying to get under your sunglasses or up a nostril. They must surely be some of the fastest moving flies around.

Another day, more magnificent views ...

post-42706-0-69344000-1387360230_thumb.jpg

post-42706-0-36658600-1387360276_thumb.jpg

As a complete aside, I'm not sure if "Hibiscus coast" in the local parlance also contain a reference to the speed at which the local Musca domestica travels. You'll be traveling at 60kph down a hill and as soon as you slow to below 20kph, you'll have a couple of fast-moving travelers trying to get under your sunglasses or up a nostril. They must surely be some of the fastest moving flies around.

KZN is so beautiful when it's green. :thumbup:

Was awesome riding at modderfontein today and hearing the calls of a fish eagle.

Also saw this and managed to grab a pic, not a very good one, wanted to get it before it flew off - but it's apparently a long crested eagle

post-44041-0-93170800-1387382366_thumb.jpg

Love the top picture, it really tells the story of a tough ride / hike!

BTW I like the Eland avatar - they may be big, but they are amazingly nimble, and will go up, over, down and through anything and keep going forever! Just like (some) mtbikers ;)

Driving in the Phalabora area I once saw an eland jump over a high game fence... from a standing position!

It really sucks not being on holiday! But at least I can do some of the lekker local Jhb rides over the weekends. Looking forward to my next bike holiday in April! Already planning the rides

Hi guys,

Nothing at all exciting for me but it was nice to get this morning out after nearly a 10 day layoff - rain and a family visit,

Enjoy

Sarge