Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

I see you upgraded your shock, how do you find the new one compared to the old Monarch R?

Take this from whence it comes. I'm not some shredder I'm just a weak end worrier.

I took the bike for one test ride on the Monarch R before I bought it and it was fine TBH. The pedal bob did my head in tho and that was my primary reason for fitting the Fox. That and I already had it. I think I got lucky with the tune. It came off a Pascoe IIRC and seemed to work fine off the bat on my reign. Which was then transplanted to the Jeffsy which also worked fine. It does sometimes feel a little dead but that's probably coz i'm too lazy to get it 100% sorted.

I think the Jeffsy is such a good starting point that fitting anything with a lock out will be an improvement over the stock Monarch. Which in itself isn't terrible.

Like I said. Weak end worrier.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Take this from whence it comes. I'm not some shredder I'm just a weak end worrier.................

:D  Sounds like we could be related :D

Edit: Seeing that you managed to hang onto the wheel of a Savage, even on the downhill, maybe we are not related after all  :whistling:  ;)

Edited by DJR

Edit: Seeing that you managed to hang onto the wheel of a Savage, even on the downhill, maybe we are not related after all  :whistling:  ;)

He'd probably been around the point twice and was headed home while I was fresh as a daisy.

Now, how and what are you using to run that water bottle setup on your bike please?

It's a normal bottle cage but the bottle is a tiny thing that I skollied from my stepdaughter. like 500ml. Only good for a short loop of hoogies or Tokai. Which is why you'll see the handsome youngster who is holding my bike is also wearing a pack.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

It's a normal bottle cage but the bottle is a tiny thing that I skollied from my stepdaughter. like 500ml. Only good for a short loop of hoogies or Tokai. Which is why you'll see the handsome youngster who is holding my bike is also wearing a pack.

Shotto .... for a quick loop 500ml is perfect, especially if you drink a bit of water before starting the ride.

.... thought that "youngster" was wear the new catheter back packs with suction technology affixed to the pipe  :ph34r:

Shotto .... for a quick loop 500ml is perfect, especially if you drink a bit of water before starting the ride.

.... thought that "youngster" was wear the new catheter back packs with suction technology affixed to the pipe  :ph34r:

Picked up a handy tip this morning.

Remove the alum clamp around the upper bottle cage mount and replace with a rubber grommet ..... add a spacer or two under the lower bottle cage mount.

This effectively changes the angle of the bottle when mounted by dropping the top of the bottle closer to the down tube and then will hopefully clear the underside of the shock body.

Will give it a spin tonight and let you know.

Picked up a handy tip this morning.

Remove the alum clamp around the upper bottle cage mount and replace with a rubber grommet ..... add a spacer or two under the lower bottle cage mount.

This effectively changes the angle of the bottle when mounted by dropping the top of the bottle closer to the down tube and then will hopefully clear the underside of the shock body.

Will give it a spin tonight and let you know.

did not come right with my waterbottle/cage combo