• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine took me to Witbank Mediclcinic with a broken collarbone and other injuries

Sorry to hear,what a k@k thing to happen,especialy this time of the year.Heal up soon.

I don't have the faintest idea, but I'll guess it was a political decision. Possibly Jan Van Riebeecks fault! :whistling:

Maybe Liesbeek is what they called jan behind his back... :whistling: He was a dodgy dude. The Heritage tour at that brewery is awesome. Some very cool stuff there, and the pub is a beaut :thumbup:  

Maybe Liesbeek is what they called jan behind his back... :whistling: He was a dodgy dude. The Heritage tour at that brewery is awesome. Some very cool stuff there, and the pub is a beaut :thumbup:  

Dodgy he sure was........bought property and farmed, sold produce to the VOC, excluding other suppliers......all while he was governor of the Cape (a paid official of the company). Sounds like corruption to me. :whistling:  

Dodgy he sure was........bought property and farmed, sold produce to the VOC, excluding other suppliers......all while he was governor of the Cape (a paid official of the company). Sounds like corruption to me. :whistling:  

There was that little issue of skimming profits that got him sent here in the first place...

Some revisionist historians would venture that the Cape of Good Hope was the Nkandla of its time... :huh:

There was that little issue of skimming profits that got him sent here in the first place...

Some revisionist historians would venture that the Cape of Good Hope was the Nkandla of its time... :huh:

The Van der Stels' dusty piles currently known as Groot Constantia and Vergelegen?

The Van der Stels' dusty piles currently known as Groot Constantia and Vergelegen?

Reckon Anglo would let go of the latter?

Reckon Anglo would let go of the latter?

Rumour is that they wish to sell, but who has a spare billion and change lying around.

Rumour is that they wish to sell, but who has a spare billion and change lying around.

There were these guys with red and yellow flags who visited the other day... 

Edited by Tumbleweed