Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

And here lots of chops

Maybe even more tjops than you will find on The Hub.

Not that many tjops here.

Please help .... I am seriaaasly convoesed by all the slang being used to described certain individuals (ie Sh#t-talk-kalk)....Vetseun seems like a Landbou Weekblad individual ....tells it like it is straight and narrow!!!

What is the correct spelling for the cognitively disadvantaged individuals that suffer from verbal diarrhoe and a spasmatic posterior sphincter that keeps all foul smelling combustable gasses enclosed within a very small space, leading to some disturbed and highly explosive thinking logic.

Is it

• Chops - as in dense wood pieces that is only good for braaiing, or
  • Tjops - as in "som dom soos 'n skaap"

I am merely enquiring as to not get flamed or rediculed or belittled or overlooked.....as my EGO won't survive.

Please help!!!!

Edited by BarHugger

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it

BOTH ARE USED FOR EXPLAINING DIFFERENT TYPES OF TJOPS

some people just forget how to spell tjops at the right time so the revert back to good old fashion chop

both ways you being told by a hubber you are a PLANK

YOU CHOP :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

From there towards Bree and the Market Square where we ended up under the bridge where there is normally very cool graffiti .

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7355/9876341583_3eb41c1648_b.jpg

IMG_1031 by OddPix1, on Flickr

Back out towards Nelson Mandela bridge and some more cool artwork.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3679/9876213505_5bd2cee8ba_b.jpg

IMG_1032 by OddPix1, on Flickr

Ok WE, awesome pics and for the first time you have made me want to see more of JHB. If a little project comes off in the early part of next year I might spend a few days up there and I recon it would be a good idea to spend a weekend there, if you are willing and keen I would love to see where these pics were all taken by bike!

Is it

BOTH ARE USED FOR EXPLAINING DIFFERENT TYPES OF TJOPS

some people just forget how to spell tjops at the right time so the revert back to good old fashion chop

both ways you being told by a hubber you are a PLANK

YOU CHOP :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Thanks Chipper! Now for some plank exercises to stabilize the core.

Ok WE, awesome pics and for the first time you have made me want to see more of JHB. If a little project comes off in the early part of next year I might spend a few days up there and I recon it would be a good idea to spend a weekend there, if you are willing and keen I would love to see where these pics were all taken by bike!

I drive around JHB a lot, theres lots of really excellent Graffiti, bottom of End street, there is also some and I saw the other day some really good stuff on the walls outside Wits, although that may have been professional.

Jhb city has almost become like NY of old, street artists everywhere, some of them D**n good.

Anytime :thumbup:

I love Jo'Burg city, it's an immensely interesting place.

Fell in love with the place in the 80's when I was studying there and also jolling in the inner city weekends.

Anytime :thumbup:

I love Jo'Burg city, it's an immensely interesting place.

Fell in love with the place in the 80's when I was studying there and also jolling in the inner city weekends.

I can remember when I was doing my military service in the late 80's, on the way back to camp after a weekend pass, we would stop in the inner city for a pizza. It was awesome for a platterlander, we would see punks, druggies, prozzies, the works. Before that the most epic thing I had seen was a chicks VPL at the co op one day. After army service we would drive to Jhb one weekend per month. Leave our safari suits in the bakkie, put on street clothes and hit the jolls. Great times those were.

I can remember when I was doing my military service in the late 80's, on the way back to camp after a weekend pass, we would stop in the inner city for a pizza. It was awesome for a platterlander, we would see punks, druggies, prozzies, the works. Before that the most epic thing I had seen was a chicks VPL at the co op one day. After army service we would drive to Jhb one weekend per month. Leave our safari suits in the bakkie, put on street clothes and hit the jolls. Great times those were.

I've been working in the CBD for almost 15 years now, and have witnessed how the vibe has come back to Jozi. Years ago, all the women in the office would remove all their jewellery and only take the cash they needed when going onto the street. Now it's a fairly safe spot. Lots of cool coffee shops and decent eateries around. The Maboneng Precinct is worth a visit.

Not to derail the thread, but who could forget swimming at the old indoor heated swimming pool in hillbrow, you had to walk down about 200 stairs it was so far underground and was heated by running the water through pipes heated by huge coal powered furnaces, it was an Olympic size and was heated to around 30 degrees years round, cost a princely R2.00 to get in. Later it went up to R5.00.

After a swim we would go have coffee and the best cake at one of the coffee lounges around (think thick heavy chairs and lots of newspapers, magazines and waiters in formal black and white outfits) and then go for a lamb Schwarma with all the best trimmings at Mi Va Mi in the main street, they were open 24 hours a day and were packed solid for all 24 hours, then a few hours at Estoril books and home.

JHB is a great SA city, always has been and always will be, and for me anyway, arguably the best African city ever.

Yah, some great refurbishments going on too, I saw a penthouse advertised recently in an old refurbished building near the Nelson Mandela bridge was up for sale for 5 bar, they had a sort of bridge above the streets which you had exclusive access to which took you to your own private sun deck.

Not to derail the thread, but who could forget swimming at the old indoor heated swimming pool in hillbrow, you had to walk down about 200 stairs it was so far underground and was heated by running the water through pipes heated by huge coal powered furnaces, it was an Olympic size and was heated to around 30 degrees years round, cost a princely R2.00 to get in. Later it went up to R5.00.

After a swim we would go have coffee and the best cake at one of the coffee lounges around (think thick heavy chairs and lots of newspapers, magazines and waiters in formal black and white outfits) and then go for a lamb Schwarma with all the best trimmings at Mi Va Mi in the main street, they were open 24 hours a day and were packed solid for all 24 hours, then a few hours at Estoril books and home.

JHB is a great SA city, always has been and always will be, and for me anyway, arguably the best African city ever.

I couldnt agree more Grumps.