Cycling world Championships - GLASGOW 2023 - Road racing

Vetplant

12 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Men's ITT on now. Ryan Gibbons rolled off a few minutes ago.

Who's your pick?

Remco is my pick. Pogi not ready in his head. 

Ganna

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Men's ITT on now. Ryan Gibbons rolled off a few minutes ago.

Who's your pick?

the only thing that is certain is that WvA will come 2nd

16 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

the only thing that is certain is that WvA will come 2nd

I really hope not, its time that he step up to the top spot ... 😁

55 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Men's ITT on now. 

Who's your pick?

Seems to be in good form (based on his performance on the track)
INEOS Grenadiers on Twitter: "It's time to turn and burn baby!!! 💥 The  #Dauphine kicks off tomorrow, starring a blockbuster cast of Grenadiers 😎  #TopGun #TopGanna https://t.co/R9QlB9WQIo" / Twitter

Well, I had Remco / Ganna / was expecting Kung 3rd but who could have seen this 3rd place coming !

7 minutes ago, Yyyy said:

Genuine question, why so much hate for Remco

You were all young once 

Hate is a very strong word, everyone has their favourite and less liked riders, not a fan of Remco or Jonas and plenty other riders that I find way more likeable that I would love to see win rather than them, doesn’t mean I’m hating

The youngest ITT Men's Elite World Champ ever, Remco is. From the one rainbow jersey to the next. That final climb was a Bliksem, hey. What a ride by the top 3.

Josh Tarling was born in February 2004 19 and a bit years of age podiums. On a 3 year contract with Ineos, likely to be retained.

The ever continuing trend for young men just out of their teenage years knocking over the trends in the sport. Really intriguing.

7 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

The youngest ITT Men's Elite World Champ ever, Remco is. From the one rainbow jersey to the next. That final climb was a Bliksem, hey. What a ride by the top 3.

Josh Tarling was born in February 2004 19 and a bit years of age podiums. On a 3 year contract with Ineos, likely to be retained.

The ever continuing trend for young men just out of their teenage years knocking over the trends in the sport. Really intriguing.

Youth scouting in football (soccer) is very common. I think to an extent our rugby scouts may do the same but your ROI is very unlikely. What you can achieve at 9yo you may not be able to replicate as you get older.

At 19yo, Tarling is technically still developing. So, he may have already peaked, which means his years laying ahead may lead to a performance decline. Or, frighteningly, he might still improve. 

Let's hope Ineos manage this asset.