La Vuelta a España 2023

peepeekaitjie

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Don't forget the red bikes; that's like a double fast when paired with white shoes.

Yup, red bikes + white socks is about 17w faster

The day for the break? Or will Primoz do his customary seated power punch up the wall of Catî and take a stage win?

3, 600 metres of vert. It will likely be hot under the Spanish sun around Alicante.

Xorret de Catî will definitely warm me up, hey - 3.9 kms averaging at 11,4% with 22% max.spacer.png

9 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

The day for the break? Or will Primoz do his customary seated power punch up the wall of Catî and take a stage win?

3, 600 metres of vert. It will likely be hot under the Spanish sun around Alicante.

Xorret de Catî will definitely warm me up, hey - 3.9 kms averaging at 11,4% with 22% max.spacer.png

Time for GC Kuss to put the opposition away.. 

Jumbo Vismq 1, 2 and 3 on GC will be impressive.. 

21 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Time for GC Kuss to put the opposition away.. 

Jumbo Vismq 1, 2 and 3 on GC will be impressive.. 

https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling/seemed-like-i-had-more-left-than-roglic-and-vingegaard-remco-evenepoel-buoyed-by-late-recovery-on-stage-6-of-the-vuelta-a-espana#comments

Apparently Remco has it all under control after giving jersey off. Haha such a likeable character 

Top Ganna averaged  8 5 7  watts for the final kilometre when he freelanced in the finalè a few days ago.

Thymen Arensman lost a tooth and expressed relief that “nothing is broken and that my helmet saved my life…”. There was great concern yesterday as he was stretchered off into the ambulance yesterday after an eina crash. 

Groupama-FDJ will fight to the end to retain the red jersey today and retain it for as long as possible. 

Geraint Thomas is struggling in the GC after crashing and losing time. He tweeted yesterday  “Come to the Vuelta, they said. It will be chilled, they said…” 

IMG_2650.jpeg

Sepp Kuss - The first American to wear a GC jersey in about a decade. Certainly makes for an intriguing tactical battle. Will the Bumblebees defend today on what will be another lumpy day. 

The race starts on the most southern point of the 2023 edition. And it ends with 9.5% garden in the final kilometre.

Ayuoso wanted a stage win on his mother's birthday yesterday and could not achieve this tribute. Regardless he is riding well and right up there with the Belgian and Slovenian superstars.

Geraint Thomas crashed heavily into a stone wall and seems to be in trouble. He says that “I feel like 37 every single day…”. Maybe Bernal and Castroviejo will be freed up already to try and go for stage hunting.
Rumours of Remco on a Pinarello is still going strong with lots of trade secrets being speculated. 

IMG_2673.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

The way Ineos have cut their team to pieces for next year and not signed anyone I'd be guessing Sir Jim is busy working out the finer details of purchasing QS and their licence a whole and selling off the Ineos one to Sylvan Adams or whoever was relegated in that mess of a thing. That way he gets Remco at current salary, all the sponsors Patrick has, can drop being the headline sponsor for a couple of years and have a proper tilt at the  TDF title he's always been after. Only issue is that would probably see the end of the classics powerhouse that has always made QS so much fun to watch. Then again, with project Remco, they haven't ruled the first quarter of the season for a few years now. Which is a shame.