La Vuelta a España 2023

peepeekaitjie

Sep Kuss still in RED! Love it.

But Vingegaard pulled back plenty of time on him today.image.png.e8893aaf2981f4fd3060b25c96ba85c5.png

Jumbo Visma sitting with a fantastic problem: which one of the three leaders should they back for overall GC victory. Each guy has his merits.image.png.aef4a22624436b7cd13ba84364a27013.png

GC Kuss - Winning a Grand Tour would be wonderful reward for all the years of dedication to others

Iceman Vingegaard - Winning Vuelta now will mean he has two of the three... only one left to then complete the set. Might even consider going for the Giro next year to hold all three jerseys at the same time? 

Ski-jumper Roglic - Already with 3x Vueltas and a Giro, this will give him his 5th Grand Tour(4th Vuelta). Maybe he should let Vingegaard take this one and have Vingegaard go for Giro next year, that way Roglic can go for Le Tour and finally get his Yellow in ParisNICE!

BUT, I have a feeling The Angliro will make the decision for Jumbo Visma tomorrow. Weak legs here will ship big chunks of time.image.png.690e083a0ed76494882e1a71dbd101b2.png

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say, a little dissapointed that JV did not keep Sepp's lead intact today. I guess a GC win is not on the cards for him.

I am rooting for him.

Jonas could still take the win, if that was the plan, just not by more than a minute.

The other teams did not look like trying anything today.

3 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Will be difficult for him to beat Jonas on this stage, but lets wait and see.  I'm still hoping Seppie can take the overall.

I guess Remco's prospects probably depend on how long a leash he gets from the peloton. At this stage it's pretty long. I personally don't think he excels on REALLY long climbs (not to say that he doesn't have an incredible "engine") but if he and a bunch of other breakaway regulars get 10 minutes then it could happen. That said, if Kamna is one of those breakaway regulars, I know who I will be shouting for.

As for the GC, I'm with you. I'm hoping Vingegaard's gains yesterday were just an insurance policy on Sepp blowing up today, I'd love to see Sepp win. But I guess in the team bus the instructions will be that the strongest man on the Angliru must go. And if that's the case, for me the most likely outcome is Vingegaard gaining a minute or two on the next closest rider. 

Yesterday Roglic lost some time on purpose, because today he will attack and the others will just look at Jonas and Kuss, thinking that one of them will go for the GC win.. but it was always Roglic. TJV pulled out their uno reverse card, and outplayed everyone including us spectators.. Well played and congratulations to Primoz Roglic.

Yeah... JV tactics are confusing....  Seems is a free for all for Kuss, Roglic and Jonas.... That means its a team with very few domestiques.... 

Rooting for Kuss.  But it doesn't seem Jonas will allow him the jersey for free.

1 hour ago, Maniax said:

Yeah... JV tactics are confusing....  Seems is a free for all for Kuss, Roglic and Jonas.... That means its a team with very few domestiques.... 

Rooting for Kuss.  But it doesn't seem Jonas will allow him the jersey for free.

:)

I think Jonas attacked yesterday to draw the others out and tow Sepp but for some reason everyone sat and looked at each other and rode so slowly it was almost like they were waiting for Jumbo to pull. That meant Jonas got a big lead straight away and the stage in sight so off he goes not really knowing that any of the UAE or Movistar chap have decided to sit on so badly behind. FFBlack was off to mark him and again no one reacted so he's off up the road too wondering what to do. Let's keep peddling then.  

Primoz attacked and looked like he thought he was going to ride well away from pack and leave them for dust so extending the lead of 2 and 3 over 4th place and Sepp would come in with the main CG guys and keep his lead in check. Only problem was he wasn't that devastating and dragged the some of the others turning it from an 'escape to the line' to looking like he was dragging them toward Jonas, attacking both Sepp and Jonas and putting Sepp in trouble. 

At the end of the day JV have won, Sepp is still pretty much at the same time over his the other GC guys and there is more space between Jonas and 4th and still a good gap 3rd to 4th. only drawback is that the others might have sniffed Sepp is tired but then that climb wasn't exactly his fav. Hopefully he'll be able to pull himself like he's pulled Primoz up that goat track previously.

To(day)morrow 🤦‍♂️ could be carnage and more time is better than less to have. Can't wait. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

48 minutes ago, Dirt Tracker said:

I think Jonas attacked yesterday to draw the others out and tow Sepp but for some reason everyone sat and looked at each other and rode so slowly it was almost like they were waiting for Jumbo to pull. That meant Jonas got a big lead straight away and the stage in sight so off he goes not really knowing that any of the UAE or Movistar chap have decided to sit on so badly behind. FFBlack was off to mark him and again no one reacted so he's off up the road too wondering what to do. Let's keep peddling then.  

Primoz attacked and looked like he thought he was going to ride well away from pack and leave them for dust so extending the lead of 2 and 3 over 4th place and Sepp would come in with the main CG guys and keep his lead in check. Only problem was he wasn't that devastating and dragged the some of the others turning it from an 'escape to the line' to looking like he was dragging them toward Jonas, attacking both Sepp and Jonas and putting Sepp in trouble. 

At the end of the day JV have won, Sepp is still pretty much at the same time over his the other GC guys and there is more space between Jonas and 4th and still a good gap 3rd to 4th. only drawback is that the others might have sniffed Sepp is tired but then that climb wasn't exactly his fav. Hopefully he'll be able to pull himself like he's pulled Primoz up that goat track previously.

Tomorrow could be carnage and more time is better than less to have. Can't wait. 

TODAY!