La Vuelta a España 2023

peepeekaitjie

37 minutes ago, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

👆This

Question: My problem is with Hannah Walker (DSTV commentary). Is there more than one Hannah who thinks this man can do no wrong ?

Hannah Walker is the one! Thanks Koos.

Will be switching over to GCN for the Grand Tours for now.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/31/2023 at 9:51 AM, edgarblount said:

That other guy from that UAE team also stole bonus seconds here and there....

Jonas is just like 'See you on stages 13\14 and 17\18".

Let's see if Remco can really climb with the goats. If he can then chapeau to him and he might just win La Vuelta.

this comment aged well!!

19 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

this comment aged well!!

Thanks!

Remco has shown he won't be able to hold Jonas' wheel up a Tourmalet or Alpe d'Huez or any HC climb for that matter in next years Tour. Remco has some work to do before Le Tour '24. At least Quickstep is busy building a Grand Tour team for Remco, so that will help as well. 

4 minutes ago, edgarblount said:

Thanks!

Remco has shown he won't be able to hold Jonas' wheel up a Tourmalet or Alpe d'Huez or any HC climb for that matter in next years Tour. Remco has some work to do before Le Tour '24. At least Quickstep is busy building a Grand Tour team for Remco, so that will help as well. 

Looking at the current and future GT talent, it might be a bridge too far for him to be classified a true GT rider.  Classics and 1-week tours might be more suited to his talents.

16 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

Looking at the current and future GT talent, it might be a bridge too far for him to be classified a true GT rider.  Classics and 1-week tours might be more suited to his talents.

He literally won the Vuelta last year so he’s proven he can do it over a 3 week tour.

Is he at the level of a Pogacar or Vingegaard? Clearly he isn’t but that doesn’t mean hes not a true GT rider.

3 minutes ago, NickGM said:

You take that back!

hahahah. that's hilarious! Nice one!

Oh... it's just occurred to be you may be serious. mea culpa...

Edited by lechatnoir
Nick may like CK...

1 minute ago, lechatnoir said:

hahahah. that's hilarious! Nice one!

Oh... it's just occurred to be you may be serious. mea culpa...

Hahaha I do, but I know some don't. It's a conundrum.

5 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

he's Marmite-y to be sure. Loves the sound of his own voice and is his own favourite comedian.

Ya not a great fan, met him and a relative at an event where they were guests, found him self important and condescending generally. Suppose it didn’t help that the event were fawning all over him at just every opportunity. 
In saying that, can’t deny the knowledge and insights he’s put out there on a lot of cycling topics.

2 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

He literally won the Vuelta last year so he’s proven he can do it over a 3 week tour.

Is he at the level of a Pogacar or Vingegaard? Clearly he isn’t but that doesn’t mean hes not a true GT rider.

Time will tell I reckon, I like his attitude and considering that horrific crash at Lombardia, it seems people underestimate the journey he’s on. Likewise his outspokenness.

Edited by Danger Dassie

16 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Time will tell I reckon, I like his attitude and considering that horrific crash at Tour of Poland, it seems people underestimate the journey he’s on. Likewise his outspokenness.

Tour of Poland crash? That was Fabio Jakobsen wasn't it? You referring to Remco's Il Lombardia crash?