attack on N1 at woodstock bridge Cape Town

Hurricane bikes

4 hours ago, Johan A Marais said:

Was on the cycle path again this morning, and I kid you not.  It was swarming with traffic department cars and officers.  Must have counted 6 cars going into town and 7 or more coming out.  Most if not, all parked at the Woodstock MyCiti bus station. 

I did not really feel safer though as they were all chatting away, checking their cell phones, or just sitting in the car.  Everyone greeted me friendly, as they always do 🙂  

Keep in mind that this was around peak time for traffic (plus minus), and all these resources were on the bus lane, just sitting, waiting, checking...

And, if you were wondering, the settlement is larger, and most definitely more fencing has disappeared.  The water is still flowing (mind blowing), and the dumping has escalated tenfold.

I have been down the cycle path many times and it has been dead quiet, although I haven't been in the last 6 months. Why did you cycle through there? Is it safer than the N1 or did you just go to look.... or were you armed and ready for action!

Edited by Andreas_187

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Is it not one of those cases where the squatters are on Transnet/National Government property so the City / Provincial government are limited to what they can actually do with the squatters.

That is what a CCT person noted once before when I tried to approach them directly RE the safety on the lane along the rail section / Woodstock.

19 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Is it not one of those cases where the squatters are on Transnet/National Government property so the City / Provincial government are limited to what they can actually do with the squatters.

Go send some lead downrange around there, and see how fast CCT reacts. That is a rubbish excuse.

12 hours ago, Hairy said:

That is what a CCT person noted once before when I tried to approach them directly RE the safety on the lane along the rail section / Woodstock.

We had squatters in a public park here in the northern suburbs @Robbie Stewart should know about it. City & community had to work really hard to remove them. Took more than 2 years of working through tons of red tape, court cases and a bucket load of ratepayers money.

So unless whoever the owner of that land is, is fully invested in removing them and willing to throw lots of money at the problem those squatters are there to stay and no amount of petitions and logging complaints with the city are going to change anything.