Anything from Cool Heat

Eugene

Seen this mentioned on other threads, but maybe deserves a thread of its own. 

Has Cool Heat put out a notice in SA for this and how are we affected. 

Screenshot_20230923_061148_com.huawei.browser.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most website's running with this are saying it is a global recall of 2.8 million cranksets. Don't think Cool Heat will have much say in the matter. They probably won't have stock or will play the original owner/supply your invoice card thats how they roll.

Screenshot_20230923-084854-1.jpg

Edited by Barry

This will show exactly how efficient they are as the official and sole distributor, I’m not holding my breath as the general consensus is that they are “not the best “, stock issues aside…

I saw that they shared Shimano's notice on their social.

Have you asked them? Maybe after the long weekend? 🤷‍♂️ 

Europe went with this approach yesterday. I'd guess it'd be very similar here if you want to start prepping.

I did the inspection myself (it's explained well in the video). I'm pretty satisfied that my cranks aren't displaying anything that will warrant a replacement, for now.

All good and well, i know people with cranks that broke and they had to buy new. Fortunately they still have the broken unit, and I’d expect they will be given a replacement. Does not help if your crankset shows signs of imminent failure and they don’t have stock to replace as mentioned on another thread 

6 hours ago, Eugene said:

Seen this mentioned on other threads, but maybe deserves a thread of its own. 

Has Cool Heat put out a notice in SA for this and how are we affected. 

Screenshot_20230923_061148_com.huawei.browser.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/100063745234470/posts/pfbid04LRBApgSUBDmscFqUHCdJZFbduzAeu4md3JtJa3RSWHmEo5cX8wXvYvJPnKRB6TTl/?mibextid=cr9u03

Interestingly it doesn’t seem like any of the local cycling media have done anything either.

They can’t until the local distributor makes their announcement in next week. I watched the video and my crank makes the described noises so let’s see where this rabbit hole goes

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

They can’t until the local distributor makes their announcement in next week. I watched the video and my crank makes the described noises so let’s see where this rabbit hole goes

This should be enough for you to make enquiries.  Cool Heat acknowledging the recall/ inspection/ replacement on there FB page.

Screenshot_20230923-192456-1.jpg