Pudo courier service operated by Courier Guy

Diedrich

I recently bought a groupset off BikeHub and asked the seller to ship this through Pudo. I have done this in the past without any problems.

I got an e-mail yesterday evening to notify me that the locker where the goods were supposed to be collected was empty. I queried it with the seller who confirmed that the goods were placed in the locker and he received confirmation that it was deposited. I have queried it with the courier company and awaiting a response. Has anyone else had similar experiences? 

2 minutes ago, Diedrich said:

I recently bought a groupset off BikeHub and asked the seller to ship this through Pudo. I have done this in the past without any problems.

I got an e-mail yesterday evening to notify me that the locker where the goods were supposed to be collected was empty. I queried it with the seller who confirmed that the goods were placed in the locker and he received confirmation that it was deposited. I have queried it with the courier company and awaiting a response. Has anyone else had similar experiences? 

Been reliable for me but its easy access for criminals so never 100% 

Ask for screenshots f the confirmation he received and check that with courier guy , if it checks out then the seller is off the hook and you issue lies with Courier guy who aren't going to do anything since its not insured.

Sorry , hopefully you didn't get scammed  

The lost 1 of my packages for a few days but then found it and delivered it.
If you have a valid tracking / waybill number then they should be able to track it.

Used Courier Guy once with heartbreaking results. Package arrived the other end so damaged that it had to be thrown away. Franchise holders on both ends washed their hands off us. All calls and emails and visits to the offices at both ends were stonewalled.
The package in question contained a birdcage - so not fragile at all. It took some doing to flatten that! Will never use this lot again!

Courier you ALWAYS have to assume your item is being hit hand to hand with a baseball bat ( It really isn't ) 

So insurance for anything you remotely think could be damaged i.e. don't use pudu and its going to cost big time DHL or ARAMEX for me in that case 

There's a reason Pudu is so cheap and you can't expect them to bend over backwards when you're only paying 80ish bucks and they're upfront with what their terms and conditions mean 

Courier guy trumps all the local couriers in my opinion. They are even better than local devision of UPS and DHL, aramex in my experience. I only use them and have used them extensively.  In the cape at least. I have couriered whole bikes circa 100k a pop with them without issue. Recently received my new carbon frame and Zeb from KZN via them. same thing. No hassles, no stress. When a shop tells me they use some crap like city sprint or fastway….sadface ensues.

Yaa courier guy is really good.. I use them everyday.. in three years I’ve had maybe 5 things go wrong and they sorted it out quick.. 

find out the closest depot and who the area manager is and give your waybill to them, if it’s there they’ll find it.. 

I have had one instance where the driver was being a shady scumbag.. but again got sorted out super quick..

Yeah, I've had an account with them for a bunch of years and it's been 99% successful.

With one Pudo parcel I wasn't notified that it had arrived so when I did receive notification to collect it, it had already been cleared out the collection box.

Time limits do apply to Pudo.

When I contacted them and showed the paper trail they kindly delivered it to my home. 

Happy to report that the original poster of the thread and the recipient has received his parcel before close of business. 
in my opinion - PUDO - courier guy in all my recent transactions have communicated well and delivered without issue. 
this being said with this last hiccup, at the end of it all, after a day all is resolved and sorted. 

They have been excellent. Would happily continue using them! 

1 hour ago, Michael Dewing said:

Yaa courier guy is really good.. I use them everyday.. in three years I’ve had maybe 5 things go wrong and they sorted it out quick.. 

find out the closest depot and who the area manager is and give your waybill to them, if it’s there they’ll find it.. 

I have had one instance where the driver was being a shady scumbag.. but again got sorted out super quick..

Agree. Manager for the area, didn’t call but he emailed a couple of times and resolved 

9 hours ago, Diedrich said:

Sorted. Hope you are satisfied with end result sir. 

I had an issue where the station went down due to load shedding, so they dispatched bomb squad to collect all boxes and took it to a central collect office. They sent an email and updated me on what had happened. Pudo has changed the once monopoly of the Post Office. So hail to the new players.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 RIP Post Office. Sorry, I can’t send you my condolences… 🤭