The hub we’ve all been waiting…. KOM.

betaboy

Cool idea.... But 4 small bolts that needs to hold the disc and engagement ring it might not flex but it might snap. Then special disc's and odd bearings that most shops won't have or would need to be ordered.

I'd just replace bearings once a year and not have any unnecessary headaches but that's just me. 

7 minutes ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Cool idea.... But 4 small bolts that needs to hold the disc and engagement ring it might not flex but it might snap. Then special disc's and odd bearings that most shops won't have or would need to be ordered.

I'd just replace bearings once a year and not have any unnecessary headaches but that's just me. 

With more even distribution… the disc hub now wouldn’t carry as much strain as current hub design, hence why You can go lighter with just a four set arrangement. If the guys at the big HQ’s look real close, this could be the next big thing… I’d SRAM them….🤭 and bring that tech in-house. 

14 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Once my GX (classic acoustic ) wears out I'll be on link glide and I really can't wait 

AXS looked cool but this whole thing is going to far now ...atleast for me 

Is that the one that clicks when in a particular gear? Click, click, click, click...

On 1/17/2024 at 7:05 PM, betaboy said:

All tech geeks… pull up a chair, the future is here. 

very very good design! Wish I'd thought of it....

On 1/17/2024 at 7:38 PM, Me rida my bicycle said:

not an issue, the factor of safety with 6 bolts is very high and its mostly to help prevent the cheap rotors from warping under varying heat load. With stiff rotors on a aluminium carrier you can use just 3 bolts safely (Steel for the big boys) .

On 1/17/2024 at 7:55 PM, BaGearA said:

Once my GX (classic acoustic ) wears out I'll be on link glide and I really can't wait 

AXS looked cool but this whole thing is going to far now ...atleast for me 

Me too. 

Shimano? Highly unlikely I’ll go that way unless desperate. SRAM rumoured to be introducing a mechanical Transmission later this year to address cost concerns. The American and European markets new bike sales have slowed dramatically and China is going to be a very competitive market going forward.

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Shimano? Highly unlikely I’ll go that way unless desperate. SRAM rumoured to be introducing a mechanical Transmission later this year to address cost concerns. The American and European markets new bike sales have slowed dramatically and China is going to be a very competitive market going forward.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I'm curious – what are your reasons for not going with Shimano? I've recently started using the Shimano GRX Di2 on my gravel bike and have been quite satisfied with it. However, my MTB is still equipped with SRAM, similar to my previous road bikes which used either Campagnolo or SRAM.

8 minutes ago, Dappere said:

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I'm curious – what are your reasons for not going with Shimano? I've recently started using the Shimano GRX Di2 on my gravel bike and have been quite satisfied with it. However, my MTB is still equipped with SRAM, similar to my previous road bikes which used either Campagnolo or SRAM.

an organisation of low integrity that would not admit it was selling defective goods for years till they were issued with a notice that they were being sued.

Their mtb shifters also have issues they will not admit to.

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

So just a direct mount derailleur surely? Doesnt the T Type only really work as AXS because with the electronic shifting they can "time" the shifts to be at the perfect spot? That isn't possible with a mechanical system

Very cool engineering in that design but... do current and traditional hub designs cause such a nightmare headache that we need to re-invent the wheel? Not for 99% of us.

And GBP825 / R17 000 for a set of hubs? That's in DT Swiss 180 territory. Or Chris King.

A niche product for a niche target customer.

Once you bring a proprietary design into the cycling industry you either need a bottomless bank account or a logo like SRAM to make it work in the long term.

21 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

So just a direct mount derailleur surely? Doesnt the T Type only really work as AXS because with the electronic shifting they can "time" the shifts to be at the perfect spot? That isn't possible with a mechanical system

There is no timing of the shift just a optimised traverse time of the derailleur to allow the shift gate time to pick the chain up. This is also possible although less repeatable with a mechanical system because traverse time is governed by how hard and fast you push the paddle against the cable pull ratio 

On 1/20/2024 at 11:25 AM, nick_the_wheelbuilder said:

Very cool engineering in that design but... do current and traditional hub designs cause such a nightmare headache that we need to re-invent the wheel? Not for 99% of us.

And GBP825 / R17 000 for a set of hubs? That's in DT Swiss 180 territory. Or Chris King.

A niche product for a niche target customer.

Once you bring a proprietary design into the cycling industry you either need a bottomless bank account or a logo like SRAM to make it work in the long term.

Agreed. Owning a patent for novel tech is a good recipe for being a target for getting bought out by an investor 

Edited by DieselnDust