the unofficial Cape Epic 2024 thread

Shebeen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The afternoon sun on those mountains is going to cook quite  a few tail-enders today. There is also no wind at all to cool the riders down.

I know very well how that feel myself. You just want to cry and lie down in the shade of the biggest rock you can find.

Commentary team doesn’t know where speed company is .

the tracker shows them 49seconds up the road. Gardener says they 40secs back. Eish….

all this tech and they can’t talk to each other 

1 minute ago, dev null said:

The afternoon sun on those mountains is going to cook quite  a few tail-enders today. There is also no wind at all to cool the riders down.

I know very well how that feel myself. You just want to cry and lie down in the shade of the biggest rock you can find.

Only to find a snake with the same idea

Shepard off the back now

still no clarity on the men’s race lol

Edited by DieselnDust

20 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Coverage is poor unfortunately. No time splits and the commentary 🤮

spitz has to keep correcting laurel and hardy 

Yup, Recently, Gerald hosted at the PE2Plett and listening to him at the nightly briefings, gave me hope again - I thought he sounded normal and capable of having a smooth discussion.

But what a failure yesterday.

The problem is, he can't concentrate - every simple sentence is mostly filled with 'erm' 'ah' 'eh'.

He needs a speech therapist.

Just now, Max Headroom said:

Yup, Recently, Gerald hosted at the PE2Plett and listening to him at the nightly briefings, gave me hope again - I thought he sounded normal and capable of having a smooth discussion.

But what a failure yesterday.

The problem is, he can't concentrate - every simple sentence is mostly filled with 'erm' 'ah' 'eh'.

He needs a speech therapist.

He needs to get better information. He’s basically just watching the livestreams and talking to that. The commentary teams needs to have feed from every camera focusing on the leading groups. They need a holistic 360 view not just live stream. 
without Sabine this commentary may as not be there and listen to silent pictures 

Just now, BaGearA said:

okay so why a bike check now ????

Money. Product placement to sell even more e-bikes.

2 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Gees, we're a hard bunch to please... live streaming for free, from multiple choppers, motorcycles and e-bikes and we still bitch about all aspects of it 😲 1st world problems in a 3rd world hey !!!

I pay for youtube premium so I fell like i have a marginal say 😂

Speed Company seems to me like a bunch of big mouths. They are under the pump to back up their noise.