the unofficial Cape Epic 2024 thread

Shebeen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Shebeen said:

dunno about that entirely, probably more down to cyclelab pushing the brand. It's not like Bulls ever had much market here despite 10+ yrs of podiums

Yep. The price you see goes even lower when you go there, they're throwing them out. 

11 hours ago, BaGearA said:

okay so why a bike check now ????

I mean, in the heat of the battle? I was confused. 

11 hours ago, dev null said:

Speed Company seems to me like a bunch of big mouths. They are under the pump to back up their noise.

Let's mosey. — Avengers Gif Challenge

11 hours ago, dev null said:

Grotz is gonna blow later this week. He is hanging on by the skin of his teeth.

image.jpeg.b5a5a67b354c0194cb4db318e7163055.jpeg

Side note: Gerald and co noted earlier they were struggling with image quality, but attending to it...

Matt punctured a couple of mins ago, as did Candice.

17 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

OKes are upset when there is no coverage, then upset when there is. 

Even when the sunshines, the temp is a nice 25 degrees, blue skies, a nice refreshing breeze blowing…. You know those perfect days…. There’s will always be someone who will whinge that the weather is crap ( I’m comparing the weather to the CE tv coverage).

I'm sitting here at home in  🇨🇭 ( it’s a public holiday where I work) watching supersports live coverage listening to Gerald, Sabine and the doper ( 😇) Owen, geez what is there to complain about???

Maybe Sabine could sound less German 🤙

The 12-minute highlights of the start of Stage 2 were superb this morning. Great visuals. 

Starlink satellites will sort out all the signal issues. Pity it is not available in RSA. 

16 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Even when the sunshines, the temp is a nice 25 degrees, blue skies, a nice refreshing breeze blowing…. You know those perfect days…. There’s will always be someone who will whinge that the weather is crap ( I’m comparing the weather to the CE tv coverage).

I'm sitting here at home in  🇨🇭 ( it’s a public holiday where I work) watching supersports live coverage listening to Gerald, Sabine and the doper ( 😇) Owen, geez what is there to complain about???

Maybe Sabine could sound less German 🤙

True words.

Owen? Is he just commentating on the Supersport stream? 

Speed Company not at the level they were on previous years. I think they will fade out as the week goes on. Today will be a very tough day for the stragglers at the back.

16 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

True words.

Owen? Is he just commentating on the Supersport stream? 

I think it’s Owen, it sounds like Owen.

I’m watching the actual Supersport Grandstand channel 201 through ipt tv 

So what 

does an amateur now have to wait for 5 hours to let everyone pass down and then start ? 

Race officials are gona have a field day with cutoff's today