the unofficial Cape Epic 2024 thread

Shebeen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

What do you know .... I've also seen those numbers you've been posting for the Mullet,I reckon I could take him if I felt like 😎

Apparently nothing or not that much I have been informed this week by some. While I don’t disagree with this, it was just good to be informed with certain this is true. 

13 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Apparently nothing or not that much I have been informed this week by some. While I don’t disagree with this, it was just good to be informed with certain this is true. 

Ja mate, having known you since those MX team days at least I know what you say has merit and should not be scoffed at!

22 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

You well respected and obviously well informed. Its still okay for okes to share their views (even if we know as much as Gerald and Neil) and talk smack (Fini chain gate) on this thread.

be lekker 🤌

13 minutes ago, babse said:

You well respected and obviously well informed. Its still okay for okes to share their views (even if we know as much as Gerald and Neil) and talk smack (Fini chain gate) on this thread.

be lekker 🤌

100% agree, never have said otherwise ever on what people think or say. 
what they should do is read your post and know it also applies to them and all. 

always lekker. 

1 hour ago, dev null said:

Irish is not too bad, depending how high you go. I normally climb it to the 5th contour road. Most riders should be able to do the Jonkers meander in about 90 minutes.

Upper Firehut might catch a few tired riders. I myself never ride the very top of Firehut. Just too rocky and tight.

EDIT: Make that Jonkers meander about 2 hours. I see they are going to Contour 7 of Irish from that profile that Dale posted.

Only Firehut 2&1. I went through there a week ago, the bridge over the stream on the top Firehut is gone. 
This is a beautiful final day. All the lekker, but not to hard trails around Stellies.

B5F2C625-C8A0-4B66-B766-A7563376332F.jpeg

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Did Gerald just say that Grotts becomes the 2nd American to win the cape epic?

pretty sure he was the first to win it in 2018 with Chris Blevins the 2nd in 2023.

2nd alongside Beers he said.

19 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

100% agree, never have said otherwise ever on what people think or say. 
what they should do is read your post and know it also applies to them and all. 

always lekker. 

Its always lekker to just shoot the breeze and share opinions but informed views should always carry more weight or put the debate to bed. 
miller Grotts gate was a case in point. 

but if we only spoke about facts then we wouldn’t have 35 pages of promotional banter which is what the bikehub office wants and we aim to please 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

2nd alongside Beers he said.

Ah thanks for that qualification. I missed that

Edited by DieselnDust

This finale stage is a massive win. This has got to be the biggest spectator crowd there’s ever been along the finale route. I hope they keep the concept 

2 hours ago, babse said:

Thank goodness we don't have to hear Neil rumble about Val die vie being the Champs Elseeys

Glad they finished at Coetzenberg. Just way more accessible. Also more symbolic of our sport heritage compared to Val De Vie.

Edited by dev null

Just saw on the pictures now it seems my son's riding buddy at school, Callum, was part of the Toyota Specialized 91 support team.

Edited by dev null

1 hour ago, W@nted said:

IMG_6036.jpeg

Any info on his retirement and Marc Pritzen’s ? It’s a bit worrying. Hope they’re ok