Cabal bikes

Dangermouse

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Specialized and a couple of other BIG manufacturers moved their entire operations from China a while ago while Trump was in power.

US put all sorts of trade embargos and sanctions on China due to it's political alliances and credit/debt 'purchasing' practices. 

Taiwan is now the centre for most big brands

You say Taiwan, I say Republic of China 😉 

20 hours ago, MaMc said:

Not so sure on the custom frame... Looks like a winspace T1500/1550 to me (which is a good thing)

Pretty sure you’re correct. They’re well made frames (Cabal)

19 hours ago, Bichael Dewing said:

A lot of them are, I would say East Asia maybe, instead of just China..

I just said QC can be dodgey not that they make bad frames.. so basically it’s a gamble if you’ll get a solid frame first try or have to do an exchange/warranty claim and whether the hassle is worth it to save some bucks instead of buying spesh/trek who’s quality control is miles better..🤙🏻

QC by it nature is dodgy with all high volume brands as they don’t test every frame for conformance, only a representative sample of a batch of frames.

3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Specialized and a couple of other BIG manufacturers moved their entire operations from China a while ago while Trump was in power.

US put all sorts of trade embargos and sanctions on China due to it's political alliances and credit/debt 'purchasing' practices. 

Taiwan is now the centre for most big brands

Not for all frames. Specialized use factories in both ROC and PRC. The a-works is definitely ROC